New Browser ?

Associate
I'm after a little advice.
I've been a FF user for many years, mostly due to it's extensions such as Adblocker, Noscript and Ghostery, but lately it's been breaking with some websites not having full functionality.

Can someone please recommend a new Browser that will have improved compatibility (per Chrome, or even Edge) but allows Adblocking and Ghostery-type protection ?

Ta

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
lately it's been breaking with some websites not having full functionality.

Give us some examples.

I'd start off with a clean FF profile and see if that helps before jumping ship.

Some of the extensions you mention have been known to break websites.

Associate
OP
Mostly job application and similar sites where links and file uploads have been non-functional but work fine with Edge.
(no script was turned off obviously)

Soldato
I'm with Phage in the last couple of firefox releases has been buggy, for some reason some flash based games don't respond to the keyboard, the mouse is fine though. It's the same without any add ons enabled.... I'm 50/50 on if it's down to being on x64 and win 10 though as this never used to be an issue on win 8.

The games work fine in chrome so no idea why they don't like firefox and doesn't seem to be any other mention of it anywhere but it does stop me from wasting time playing games lol

I will also say I stopped using adblock a while ago as that was causing me no end of issues on sites, it was blocking stuff that it didn't need to block. Ghostery could also be blocking the scripts needed so when you turn off no script did you try with ghostery turned off.

Soldato
Just use Chrome. It really is the best out there and backed by the biggest player in the game Google.

I used to be an avid FF user for about 10 years, but got fed up of performance and sluggishness.

Chrome dances like a ballerina compared to FF.

I have never used Vivaldi. But I would imagine, Chrome being based on the open source Chromium project as well as backed by Google will have better security support.

Plus, Google are going to be updating the UI to a new material design one (for desktop) in the next major update I believe.

Until Vivaldi has been exposed to the wilds of the internet, we don't know what sort of security situation it will be in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom