• Yes

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 622 74.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 106 12.7%

• Total voters
Associate
Sorry, being a some what a traditional fella. I prefer to spend that kind of money as an investment to keep for years. Specially it being a watch. But the prices of some of these Apple watches...jaw dropping!

Soldato
I've been interested in getting one of these recently, as a sort of watch-come-notifications-come-tracker (just for the basics) device. They're reduced at the minute, although I don't expect a new version till the iPhone 7.

Just how good are these for general everyday use? Genuinely useful, or are they more of limited use "posers" accessory.

Soldato
Ill answer that Ryan.

I didn't want an apple watch despite telling my family not to get me one, but they did with the JL special offer during Crimbo.

Its added value. Message here, call there. Stand up if you've been sat down for too long. Set a quick reminder via Siri.

Its useful, but not essential (for me). But its also practical and can be used like a normal watch but a bit more obviously. Sometimes I want to know what the temperature is like outside. Quick glance at the phone gives me the temperature right now alongside the time.

I personally would not have bought it, but because I got it as a present, I will use it :)

Charge wise, you can get a 1 to 2 days worth depending on usage.

Soldato
An insight that's actually useful to me and something I can relate to (so, so many online. So much trash..). Thanks Cavallino! :)

I might go for one - birthday coming up :D - as I would like a decent watch but with a little extra functionality like this. A quick glance at the wrist will let me know whether the vibration in the pocket is worth looking at or not. Plus the weather stuff, music control at parties (for evil or good), etc..

Soldato
I wasn't that into them when I first saw them and before they were available to demo in store. But I went and tried one out and really liked it from the off. I'd be pretty lost without mine, especially for work notifications, saves me having to have my phone on my all the time when I'm in the house.

Controlling Music running on my phone, whilst also having map notifications set to my wrist and vibrating at every turn I need to make, all whilst the phone is secure in my inside pocket is one feature I don't want to be without any more.

It's also a nice day to day watch, as well as a nice watch that can look smart if you have the appropriate strap and face set. Or a good sport watch if you want to track your fitness, or just be alerted how lazy you're being by being told to stand up and move a bit, it's awesome.

Permabanned
I have worn mine everyday since launch and love it. It's just like people have said it's an added value thing, it won't change your life but it does make it a bit easier in a cool way. If you like gadgets and Apple gear I can't see how you wouldn't enjoy it.

Permabanned
Roll on tuesday then. :D

I don't expect it to be revolutionary, but I would like a decent watch. This seems to fill that space with a little bit extra on the side.

Absolutely. I had not worn a watch for about 15 years before my Apple Watch. The way i saw it was there was no need as I had the time on my phone and a watch did nothing else.

Associate
Bought some adapters from the rainforest so I can use any 24mm watch strap I like, looks much smarter now than the navy sport band that came with the watch.

Similar to a poster above the watch was a surprise gift from family for a milestone birthday, wasn't sure on it at first but had it 3 months now and not worn my Omega Seamaster since which is a surprise as I wasn't keen on the apple watch until having one but has lots of useful features as well as being useful for the gym, running, cycling, etc but shame it doesn't have GPS.

Soldato
Bought some adapters from the rainforest so I can use any 24mm watch strap I like, looks much smarter now than the navy sport band that came with the watch.

Similar to a poster above the watch was a surprise gift from family for a milestone birthday, wasn't sure on it at first but had it 3 months now and not worn my Omega Seamaster since which is a surprise as I wasn't keen on the apple watch until having one but has lots of useful features as well as being useful for the gym, running, cycling, etc but shame it doesn't have GPS.

That would be me! I also got the navy strap/gold watch.

Could you link me to the above strap? What else do I need to artach it? You mentioned adaptors?

Thanks.

Associate
That would be me! I also got the navy strap/gold watch.

Could you link me to the above strap? What else do I need to artach it? You mentioned adaptors?

Thanks.

For the gold adapters search for "GMYLE apple watch adapter" on the rainforest and they will come up, its a different gold finish but these are the best I could find out right now, but they look fine. Any regular watch band will fit this adapter and comes with the pins needed to fit.

The leather strap was from the famous auction site by a seller called "pdelamare8", but any regular 24mm watch strap will fit. It was called "Paddled Leather Watch Strap Smooth".

For less than £20 I am really pleased as I couldn't find anything that matched the style of the watch as most straps have silver/black adapters to fit the watch so would look weird from side profile.

Back
Top Bottom