What did you do to your bike today?

Associate
Hoping someone can help! I'm looking at installing my scottoiler and need to find either a vacuum tube or drill a hole in the intake manifold.

My haynes isn't great at identifying either feature. I *think* I've found the intake manifold, and noticed a small rubber bung by it. When I remove the bung I can see a small hole. Is this something I can use to provide the vacuum?

Here's a photo of it that I scanned from my haynes:

intake.png

My manual doesn't explain what that bung is for and googling is bringing up nothing of help either. Scottoiler also don't provide instillation guides for my model of bike.

Soldato
Thats the bung you need. Take that of and slide on the scotoiler black elbow fitting. The bung is for vovering the vacuum port and the vacuum port is for balancing cylinders via throttle bodies or injectors

Iv never heard of drilling the head!!!!!???

Soldato
New rear tyre time tomorrow morning. I could probably eek out another week on this one (the TWI on the other side are pretty much flush) but not worth it.

4hmNIDD.jpg
L7eRMo8.jpg

Just worked it out and I've gotten 8500 miles on the this Angel GT rear, as you can see it's only low in the middle due to commuting, there's tons of tread left on the middle/outer, if only I had a more twisty commute :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Kreee - I bet you haven't seen a straight road for months :(

My commute is 95% straight very slight bends, there's only 3 corners on my entire 17 mile commute that I have to actually lean a bit :p

And I'll have you know those 'hairs' are on the sidewall :D

Ahh I remember wales in the summer, no chicken strips...

Soldato
New rear tyre time tomorrow morning. I could probably eek out another week on this one (the TWI on the other side are pretty much flush) but not worth it.

Good plan, the last mm or so of rubber can disappear surprisingly quickly on rear tyres. You can go from "must replace that soon" to "omg, carcass is showing" in literally a few hundred miles.

Back
Top Bottom