RAM suggestion for black and orange 6700k themed build.

Associate
Hey guys,

As the title suggests I'm looking for RAM that might match my orange and black themed build. I had G.Skill Trident Z 16 Go (2x 8 Go) DDR4 3200 MHz CL15 orange/black kit in mind, but this seems near impossible to source and OcUK won't be stocking it seems. Any ideas - Dominator's aside? I'm at a loss here.

Cheers.

Associate
Hi there,

I know this I'm replying to this a little late, but still may help.

The one I'd recommend and I think would look awesome in your build is the Corsair Dominator Platinum "Champion" Orange however this RAM is really expensive with 16GB (4x4GB) setting you back £200. However, if money isn't an issue this would be a good choice.

If that's too much there isn't really any other RAM that I know of that is black/orange so maybe some black RAM such as the Kingston HyperX would look nice.

Cheers.

Associate
Sorry I seen you put the G.Skill Trident Z 16 Go (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ CL15 orange/black, I just had a look at that memory and it is rather nice. Would look awesome in a black/orange build. Have a look at that Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM and if not I would definitely go with your choice.

Associate
I have found some in orange, G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB come in all orange however, it's DDR3 not DDR4. I think if you can't source the G.Skill it's best to just go with some nice black RAM.

Associate
OP
Hi there,

I know this I'm replying to this a little late, but still may help.

The one I'd recommend and I think would look awesome in your build is the Corsair Dominator Platinum "Champion" Orange however this RAM is really expensive with 16GB (4x4GB) setting you back £200. However, if money isn't an issue this would be a good choice.

If that's too much there isn't really any other RAM that I know of that is black/orange so maybe some black RAM such as the Kingston HyperX would look nice.

Cheers.

Heya buddy. Thanks for the response. Yeah I was aware of the Dominator's, but I've rejected them outright due the cost and the fact that it's a quad kit. I don't really want to populate all the RAM slots unless I have to. I think you might be right though. There's no other orange themed ram that I can locate, so all black might be the only option. In that case I need to find some decent DDR4 sticks rated between 3000 and 3200 Mhz.

Associate
Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Thanks guys. That gives me another avenue to consider. Just got myself the Maximus formula and an i7 6700k. I just need my RAM now :)

EDIT: Looks as though there are only a handful of 2x8 kits out there, none in orange. The search continues.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

I spend ages searching for this stuff and I've never seen these. Awesome. Thanks buddy. I'll investigate.

EDIT: I think I know why I never find this stuff, because it doesn't seem to get sold in the UK. People must really hate the colour orange :p Sometimes I wish my favourite colour was red.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Nope, not on sale anywhere that I can see. There's always red RAM and white, but never orange. The UK seems really poor for RAM choices at the moment?

Associate
OP
Ok well I think that's my backup plan then, should I not be able to get my hands on any of the other RAM mentioned. Thanks for the input Stulid.

Associate
OP
You could get some trident z modules and paint the red bit orange.

That is a possibility, but I'd prefer to avoid painting if I can help it. Also I'd only want to paint the trim and not the brushed metal, which would mean I'd end up with silver and orange, which isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

I have the blue ddr3 hyperx and it's beautiful. That would look great in orange.

I'd be going all black with the Kingston, as there is no orange variant. All black would be my second choice. But black and orange would be beautiful.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It appears that the G.Skill ram has arrived in Europe, well at least some of the higher latency versions of the dual sticks. Still nothing from the UK vendors?

Back
Top Bottom