Can you sell aluminum?

Associate
Hi All,

Had a thought the other day while putting some tins in the recycling boxes, is it possible to turn these tins etc... into cash?

While I understand you would need quite a bit of it to make any money, but is it possible?

Are we just recycling stuff and loosing out on a potential (all be it small) money earner?

Cheers,

Swain90

Soldato
Yes, that's what the Tinkers(no ill respect) did/do, try your local scrap merchant, but as you said if small amounts, then only expect pennies.

Soldato
I'd love to see a historic graph for Alu price. Used to be a penny a can down tesco, Im not sure if they stopped that or not
I think this relates to the car industry or just industry in general. The price of Iron this year has increased very well but not commodities overall. If you get a price squeeze then Alu market will return as it is very expensive to refine but easy to recycle as scrap
Alcoa increased 50% this year so who knows

Caporegime
I say Allyuardumb! :p

Speaking of dumb, we occasionally find the charred remains of thieves who break into our sites and railway accesses to steal the copper cabling and end up getting 33,000v up their backsides.
These people are risking their lives for a mere £70 a ton...

Gotta remove em somehow.

Associate

Speaking of dumb, we occasionally find the charred remains of thieves who break into our sites and railway accesses to steal the copper cabling and end up getting 33,000v up their backsides.

Copper is over 2 grand a ton mate

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato

The thing is, they know its dangerous. They are bridging the gaps with household electrical cables before they make the cut and many of them are succeeding. So they're not entirely stupid, they're just gambling their lives. Gotta give them credit for that.

Back
Top Bottom