Whats the crack with buying from the clearance section?

Associate
thinking this monitor :

**B Grade** Predator XB240Hbmjdpr 24" 1920x1080 TN 144Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/

do clearance monitors have dead pixels ? ive never bought from the clearance part of overclockers or any website and im not sure what to expect. thanks

Associate
thinking this monitor :

**B Grade** Predator XB240Hbmjdpr 24" 1920x1080 TN 144Hz Gaming Widescreen LED Monitor - Black/

do clearance monitors have dead pixels ? ive never bought from the clearance part of overclockers or any website and im not sure what to expect. thanks

I believe it would tell you in the description if there was something like that. Usually B Grades are returns that weren't wanted or used or have damaged boxes that can't be sold as brand new.

Soldato
Could be anything with a blanket statement like this.

Below is the original description for this product, any reference to warranty is to be ignored. Warranty for this item is 90 days as with all B Grade items.

B Grade items may have been used, have damaged packaging, missing accessories or a combination of these.

Some items may have scuff marks or slight scratches but should otherwise be an operable product.

My hunch is B grade are items returned with faults and/or DSR returns with signs of use or damage.

Associate
My B grade X34 was perfect as far as I can tell. I have had it since Christmas and there have been no issues. It was an open box but every accessory was there and the film was still all over the monitor and the bags unopened.
I would take the 'risk' if ti is a good saving - my X34 was half price at 500.

Caporegime
Could be anything with a blanket statement like this.

My hunch is B grade are items returned with faults and/or DSR returns with signs of use or damage.

Can be anything. I have had just the base item, every accessory missing and even the original box to brand new, unopened with just damage on the box.

Its pot luck. If its wrong, send it back. I have had 3 monitors from clearance and all three were perfect. The only thing wrong with one of them was it was missing its remote control. No big deal.

Soldato
My B grade X34 was perfect as far as I can tell. I have had it since Christmas and there have been no issues. It was an open box but every accessory was there and the film was still all over the monitor and the bags unopened.
I would take the 'risk' if ti is a good saving - my X34 was half price at 500.

I wish we had such good b grade offers here in Denmark. Ordering from OCUK is to expensive due to the cost of shipping.. Ive seen stupid B grades for sale for more or the same as a brand new or usually it is like 10-20 quid at most off.. who would run the risk with such low savings?

Gianza - how happy are you with your 980ti and x34 combo? Does the card have enough grunt for it? Do you use AA?

I have 980ti and x34 and for the latest games it isn't enough imo, I'm still happy with the combo though as personally I tend to play more older games, If play newer games I have to lower settings but it doesn't bother me too much as the 21:9 aspect ratio in combination with g-sync and 100Hz is a worth while trade off compared to maxing out a game @ 1080p.

Last edited:
Associate
My experience with B-grade has been really good. Got a Dell S2716dg for around £330 from OC B-grade a couple of weeks ago and it's perfect! No scratches, no dead pixels, no excessive backlight bleed.

But of course, B-grade is always buying an unknown quantity, but in my opinion it's worth the risk for the savings you could make. You can still return it if there's a problem.

Associate
My only purchase of B-grade put me right off, purchased this:
**B Grade** BenQ GL2450 24" Widescreen LED Mon (MO-057-BQ)
When it came, the stand did not fit the monitor. It "looked" like the correct stand, but it was clearly for another monitor as it just didn't go into the screen, the connection was physically too large.
Contacted OCUK and they could only refund for a return, they must have got the stands mixed up and didn't have the correct stand any more.
I kept it, as I was wall mounting it anyway, but it meant resale was not an option. Who would buy a monitor that doesn't have a stand? (apart from me, of course, but I didn't know it didn't have a stand when I ordered it).

So unfortunately, OCUK didn't check it was the right stand they were including with the screen when they sent it. This is one of the risks of buying B-grade.

Ree

Ree

Associate
got my 1070 from b grade section for £330 i honestly couldn't be any happier wasn't a thing wrong with it apart from being opened.

i feel i got a bargain which i think is the main thing.

just noticed this was about monitors my bad

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered a regular (not B-grade) Asus MG279. It arrived today, after I got home from work, I saw the box and thought... Has this been opened? Did I accidentally get sent a b-grade item for full price? Cos I certainly wouldn't chance it due to reports of dead lixels and backlight bleed on new monitors. One of the flap things is definitely open and the only seal is a single bit of Asus tape in the middle. To make things worse, it was the last one in stock. I'm afraid to open it. Can they do that? If the box isn't falling apart and all the items are included, can they sell it as a regular (non-B-grade) item?

Associate
thinking this monitor :

You can also try asking in the customer service forum. They may be able to give you a better description.
For what it's worth my LG monitor was B-grade and i have no problems with it. Box was damaged, but no dead pixels and low (to my eyes) backlight bleed.

Back
Top Bottom