I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
Depends what it's blocked with?

But generally heat it up, to above the filament temp (but not to hot, depends on hotend) and push out the block or remove the nozzle and use a blow touch to do the same.

J.

Soldato
Hey you guys

Whats the best way to clean out a nozzle?

I heat it to 150, whip it off quick and use a phillips head mini screwdriver, I get it wound around the screwdriver as it cools then when you remove the driver it comes out as one big lump, works 7/10 times. When it doesn't I rehead the nozzle with a lighter when its in a pair of pliers and try again. Seems pretty effective.

Associate
Hey all,

I published part 1 of my new series on upgrading the NFire1 3D Printer, It would be great if you could all check it out and subscribe to my channel.

I've got a very exciting announcement coming in the next few days to, so make sure you don't miss it :).

Thanks,

James.

Associate
Hey all,

Part 2 of my NFire1 upgrade series in now on YouTube go check it out and please subscribe if you haven't already, Giveaway when I reach 100 subs :).

Thanks,

James.

Associate
Thanks, yeah there is a delay in the announcement but I'll say this filament supply isn't going to be a problem ;).

Going to have some cool projects going soon to, and a giveaway at 100 subs on my YouTube channel.

J.

Associate
well done on getting a sponsor dude. Looking forward to your next video :)

Thanks, here's part 3 :).

And an updated photo of the PSU cover.

14732377_985097358266861_8173346917162707873_n.jpg

J.

Associate
That explains the grief I had accessing their site yesterday...,

...nevermind that in the process of that I didnt even notice the launch.

Soldato
I know what people mean, but I've bought two um2s for work and they been very reliable, never need recalibration, and we put about 100 hours print time a week on them. I'll see if I can get a um3 ordered, it would be nice to see if they've done dual extrusion reliably. My own um2 is still working well I've not recalibrated the print bed in 6 months and it stills just prints well, although it's not perfect, my next upgrade will be a bond tech feeder or maybe a flex3drive, but other than that, I'd like to do a dual extrusion setup if it was fire and forget, I don't have enough spare time to keep faffing around..

Soldato
Just hit the order button on a Zortrax M300 for work.

I've kind of taken on the role of 3D printer monkey at work, and will be so, so happy when I no longer have to faff about with the awful Leapfrog Creatr dual extruder that we have. I'm the last 3 months, we've had loads of jobs for it, but had an up time of ~40 hours. First off, one of the crappy arduino board cooling fans died, the board overheated and that died. Then once we got hold of a new one, I fitted and flashed it for the X axis limit switch cable to break, which I just repaired, and in doing so I managed to break the build platform heater cable. It's caused us so much grief.

The M300 should be far better.

Associate
Hey all,

I made money, OK OK a maker coin but it's gold & silver and looks cool :).

Please sub to my channel i'm only 32 away from 100 subs and then I'm having a giveaway :).

Thanks,

James.

Back
Top Bottom