dying before you hit the ground?

Associate
With a lot of people commiting suicide by jumping off bridges etc is it true that you die / pass out before you hit the ground? Has it actually been proven?

Associate
I don't believe its true no, as some people have been known to survive high falls and end up with a lot of broken bones.

Soldato
With a lot of people commiting suicide by jumping off bridges etc is it true that you die / pass out before you hit the ground? Has it actually been proven?

I think I have heard this before with the idea being that the person has a heart attack before they land. However I would imagine this is actually the case in very few cases and certainly not all.

Man of Honour
There a slim but very unlikely chance of dying from the trauma of falling from a height, slightly higher chance of passing out. 99% of people would hit the ground conscious and its probably rare that its immediatly fatal - in reality people probably live around 8 minutes on average after impact. (Falling directly head first into concrete might be another story).

Soldato
I think if you got blown up at 50,000 feet in an aircraft and somehow managed to stay alive on exit, the chances are you would probably have a heart attack before you hit the ground.

Caporegime
There a slim but very unlikely chance of dying from the trauma of falling from a height, slightly higher chance of passing out. 99% of people would hit the ground conscious and its probably rare that its immediatly fatal - in reality people probably live around 8 minutes on average after impact. (Falling directly head first into concrete might be another story).

There was a documentary about people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Apparently the impact kills you instantly, iirc.

Man of Honour
There was a documentary about people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge. Apparently the impact kills you instantly, iirc.

Depends on the height and what you land on and in what manner obviously.

People jumping off a multi story carpark, your average road bridge or average block of flats, etc. rarely die immediatly on impact tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom