*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
2w56o10.jpg

Finally broke 100k DPS on my Wizzy :D

Cheated a little with Familiar which I don't normally use :p

Permabanned
That legendary sword...Average DPS I think. Useless for Hell then but as said you'll find something much better a lot quicker.

Edit. Woah 100k dps. That is...powerful. Makes me wonder how PvP is going to work... And why do I see so many wizards with an axe or a sword lol. Why don't you use staffs?

...Right so I killed the Butcher last night on Inferno with my barb and a wiz. Experimenting with Atk speed and Life on Hit gear ever since I advanced from hell.

Dual wielding some 650 and 700 DPS axes. APS 2.30 with 990 life on hit. Combined with Frenzy and Wrath of the Berserker you can take a ridiculous amount of punishment and rarely even touch your potions. The healthbar bouncing up and down reminds me of EvE and armour repping :)

Also switched Revenge for Furious Charge. Chose the gain health for each minion charged rune (I think it's 7% or of life gained per hit). Especially good for getting out of a tight spot quickly. I think you're also invunerable whilst charging.

Last edited:
Soldato
What skills are you using for that?

Have you also got a list or screenshots of items?

Cheers.

I normally use Teleport, Hydra, Magic Weapon, Energy Armor, Magic Missile and Arcane Orb. To get that figure I just dropped Teleport for Familiar which adds about 6k DPS, normally running around 97k now. Screenshot didn't include crit rune for Energy Armor or Enchantress, probably would have added an extra 10k.

Gear is quite generic other than some legendaries. Andariel's Visage, Boj's and a nice roll on an Ouroboros (crit and crit damage). Rest of the gear is mostly just Int / Vit rares with crit / crit damage and attack speed here and there. Gloves and both rings have 12% - 15% attack speed, bracers have 3.5% crit, offhand has 8% crit, gloves also have 35% crit damage. Weapon is 964 dps, 1.67 aps, 100 Int, 60% crit damage.

And why do I see so many wizards with an axe or a sword lol. Why don't you use staffs?
1H + OH is generally better. Also wands for 1H tend to have a low base damage so finding one with high DPS and the right stats is extremely hard and/or expensive.

Soldato
Attack speed boots, helm, necklace, rings, weapon, gloves.

Though he's missing Lacuni prowler bracers ;)

I bought some 3 items which gave me 45 I think attack speed just for testing, this improved me dps by a very low margin, is it mainly attack speed you need to stack to get to some ridicules dps figures or do you stack more attributes? If it's attack speed only then how much do you need?

Associate
After playing DH in inferno for a while I think they need to reduce cost of SS a bit, if you can't outrun a mob and can't take a hit then the only time you can apply damage is the time it takes for them to reach you. I can do this 5 times before I have to use last SS to hopefully deaggro and wait for recharge (boring :()

Associate
Me and my friend are at the point where we can do act 1 inferno but act 2 is just impossible, we are pretty bored of farming act 1/gold now, not sure if blizzard actually wanted people to just farm act 1 over and over for gold, because you dont get any items that are good enough for act 2 in act 1 so the only option is to farm gold or quit..

Unless you play a ranged class maybe? :confused:

Associate
Me and my friend are at the point where we can do act 1 inferno but act 2 is just impossible, we are pretty bored of farming act 1/gold now, not sure if blizzard actually wanted people to just farm act 1 over and over for gold, because you dont get any items that are good enough for act 2 in act 1 so the only option is to farm gold or quit..

Unless you play a ranged class maybe? :confused:

I play DH. Trust me ranged doesn't make much difference. I am at the same stage tbh. Grinding act 1 over and over for money to spend on AH.

Associate
Prowlers have movement speed which is unique in that slot, hence their popularity. Well rolled prowlers can have crit chance and high base stat as well but will cost you an awful lot of gold!

Soldato
Playing DH just gives you more leeway and the option of grinding your way through act 2 bit by bit. Lacuni and stuff before Maghda could 1 hit me but you could avoid getting hit easily if you pay attention for everything but bosses. Moment the serpents turned up though that could go invisible and immune to all effects things started to get lame. Took me 4 deaths just to manage the bit with Asheara/Leah/Hakan in the palace because they kept 1 hitting me out of nowhere and Vault was useless to evade it.

Having fun on my Wizard in 3man coop. We just killed the Siegebreaker yesterday, was funny tanking him. Everytime Order ran in to lay down a ton of Caltrops he'd do that attack where he grabs you and takes ages to deal any damage, so I'd just throw up Diamond Skin right before the end and absorb it all :p

I absolutely despise Fire Chains. Even though my fire resistance is the highest it still does huge damage if you get caught it in for even a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom