Where do you store your board games?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I've been looking for a top opening chest for ages and haven't found anything.

I found a gigantic wicker basket but I'm not paying €200 for that!

Board games don't fit on my IKEA Expedit and they look out of place there anyway.

Does anyone have a suggestions, or show how you store your board game collection?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
OP
Fun fact: if you GIS for "Ikea Expedit", the sixth image has an Expedit stuffed with games.

That said, I store my games on an enormous steel rack so my longer boxes don't stick out.
It looks horrible though!
They're all different sizes and as you say, some stick out.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
OP
You could just leave a divider out or put the long games on top like everyone else? :p
Yeah it worked well in my old flat as it was on top of the wardrobe in the bedroom, but it won't work so well in the living room :p

DD59F317-CF26-4C2C-AC9A-55DF059509F5_zpsqxcbqrvl.jpg

Soldato
We have ours on IKEA shelving in the living room, and upstairs. Don't see a problem.

When people remark on the amount of board games in the living room, we just tell them that that's only half of the collection. :D

Associate
I'm still a student so I only own a flat. I may post a picture of my board game storage later if I remember.

To save suspense though, they are all on the floor.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
OP
Expedit has been discontinued! :(

It's replacement is called Kallax - slightly thinner end pieces is about the only difference!
If you've got an Expedit, don't put them next to each other, it'll look awful.
I sourced a 2nd hand one.

Soldato
Had a bit of a re-arrange and tidy up. Will be moving at the end of August so we've only got the ones we play out (although some like Twister are going to be given away)

2h6ax3c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom