prices up!!!!

Soldato
Because it's an excuse to milk more profit. The stock is probably already imported and paid for lol. Funny how prices didn't drop when the pound was about 1.60 a while back :p

Oil company mentality. Even though oil is under $50 a barrel right now, fuel costs are creeping up.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like how everyone's an expert on OCUK's business all of a sudden. The irony of complaining about greed when you're greedy yourself - unless whining about a £15 increase on an item is due to you wanting to donate that instead? Right, thought so.

Soldato
The irony of complaining about greed when you're greedy yourself - unless whining about a £15 increase on an item is due to you wanting to donate that instead? Right, thought so.

Probably one of the silliest posts I've seen in a while.

**EDIT** Maybe that's harsh, but it doesn't make sense to me. To check, are you saying complaining that prices have gone up is greedy?

Last edited:
Soldato
The greediness is the people's attitude to the increases. If OCUK want to make an extra £ (and I don't think that's why prices increased either, but that's besides the point) and they increase prices, they're doing it in the hope of furthering their self-interest; when you want the price to stay the same as it was last week, you're complaining because of you trying to further your own self-interest. What's the difference? This hardware isn't a need, so if OCUK wanting to get an extra £ is greedy on their part, how is your wanting to keep an extra £ on the purchase not greedy on your own part? Either both are greedy or none are (unless of course you want to start going into some fuzzy logic, but I assume not).

Soldato
This hardware isn't a need, so if OCUK wanting to get an extra £ is greedy on their part, how is your wanting to keep an extra £ on the purchase not greedy on your own part?

Greed 'noun' - intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food.

If you really can't see a different between someone seeing an opportunity to make extra profit from a situation to someone not wanting to pay over the odds for something, then there's no point us trying to discuss it and I stand by my original answer before the edit. It's not keeping an extra £10, it's not being gouged for an extra £10.

(I'm not saying this is what has happened, but it is what is perceived by some that you are then calling greedy, which is ridiculous)

That's not 'fuzzy logic'. That's logic.

Also, please send me £10. There's no reason you should, but if you now decline, you're greedy too for wanting to keep your £10. Don't be greedy, it's a sin.

Soldato
Greed 'noun' - intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food.

If you really can't see a different between someone seeing an opportunity to make extra profit from a situation to someone not wanting to pay over the odds for something, then there's no point us trying to discuss it and I stand by my original answer before the edit. It's not keeping an extra £10, it's not being gouged for an extra £10.

(I'm not saying this is what has happened, but it is what is perceived by some that you are then calling greedy, which is ridiculous)

That's not 'fuzzy logic'. That's logic.

Also, please send me £10. There's no reason you should, but if you now decline, you're greedy too for wanting to keep your £10. Don't be greedy, it's a sin.

So when someone's trying to get a £ from you they're greedy and opportunistic, but when you want to pay them a £ less that's just wanting a "fair" price? He he he, the level of cognitive dissonance is astonishing.

PS: I don't mind being called greedy. Everyone is, I just recognize it.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

On monitors I am fortunate to buy 75% of my stock in GBP, so I can hold most prices for now.

The increase was an over-reaction by accounts/IT to be safe, once I was back in the UK I re-adjusted prices as necessary.

Unfortunately CPU, DRAM and VGA has gone up again today, we was hoping 1.35 was the bottom but were now hovering dangerously close to 1.30 and predictions are 1.20.

This is why I voted to stay in, we had stability, everything in my view was fine and I was happy for things to remain as they were. Voting out has in the short term ruined our economy, I just hope a new PM is elected very soon and things recover because if we get to 1.20 cost of living is going to go up a lot and that spells disaster for all especially if another recession kicks in.

But as others have said, the majority got what they wanted.......

Associate
Hi there

On monitors I am fortunate to buy 75% of my stock in GBP, so I can hold most prices for now.

The increase was an over-reaction by accounts/IT to be safe, once I was back in the UK I re-adjusted prices as necessary.

Unfortunately CPU, DRAM and VGA has gone up again today, we was hoping 1.35 was the bottom but were now hovering dangerously close to 1.30 and predictions are 1.20.

This is why I voted to stay in, we had stability, everything in my view was fine and I was happy for things to remain as they were. Voting out has in the short term ruined our economy, I just hope a new PM is elected very soon and things recover because if we get to 1.20 cost of living is going to go up a lot and that spells disaster for all especially if another recession kicks in.

But as others have said, the majority got what they wanted.......

Unfortunately though people will still think this is down to scare-mongering, and won't believe the consequences until they actually happen. By the looks of it, we will be going for EEA anyway, which means freedom of movement and also having to abide by EU trading regulations, but without having any input on the regulations themselves. Win-win for all, restoring 'Great' Britain huh...

Soldato
So when someone's trying to get a £ from you they're greedy and opportunistic, but when you want to pay them a £ less that's just wanting a "fair" price?

And this is where I think you're struggling with it. No one is asking/wanting to pay less. They just don't want to pay more for no apparent (perceived) reason. It has even been said this was a bit of a knee jerk reaction that has already been 'corrected'. In essence, it likely wasn't a 'fair price'.

As I said, I think you struggle with this logic, so I'll leave it there and unsub to this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom