I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Not properly researched all the board options yet, but was looking at a RADDS/DUE setup. Not hugely liking the price on that though :D
Had originally settled on a RUMBA package with 8825's, but you know how it goes when you start looking at stuff...

A lot of components have disappeared from the E3D shop and I just assumed that they'd pulled them from the store to make sure they could fulfill their backlog of BigBox orders, since a lot of those things are part of the BB kit.
Might be worth asking them though :)

Yep. :) Although not as much as Al "Mr Aliexpress Gold Customer". :D I quite like the flexability the RADDS setup gives you (not to mention the community support) but it does seems like one hefty setup compared to an MKS based board with a Mega.

Keep me posted if you get a response back from the E3D chaps.

-

So I had an annoyance this evening. Seems the Tevo doesn't use a standard threaded rod size (8mm job), the threaded rod I bought is a totally different pitch to the supplied one so I've had to order another one. Now I can either print the PETG parts on a dodgy setup, or get Z-step calculating and fit the new rods to the Tevo for the PETG printing... hmm.

That looks awesome. I'm trying to find a list of parts for it. Anyone got a link please?

Ok I've found it. It's in the zip file from thingsverse :)

edit= Got some PETG coming in the morning. Think I'll give this a shot.

Woo. :D Going with the standard build, or making a few mods?

Ordered the last of the mechanical parts last night, belts and pulleys etc. Just need the electrical parts and it's complete.

So, ability to scale.

The reason I went with the D-Bot was the fixed X/Y planes and solid build platform, have battled with the Tevo intricacies over the last 3 months I wanted something that didn't suffer from the same.

Cartesian printers are brilliant insomuch as they're low cost and easy to build, loads of mods and the like. However they're not without their drawbacks. The bed system on the Tevo is weak and flimsy, the Z axis only has one rod driving it meaning your frame has to be spot on to keep the tension in the X bar else you'll get droop on the left side etc.

As I said a few pages back it's been a superb introduction into the hobby, and the forced learning curve has been really satisfying to travel.

Soldato

Ordered the last of the mechanical parts last night, belts and pulleys etc. Just need the electrical parts and it's complete.

The reason I went with the D-Bot was the fixed X/Y planes and solid build platform, have battled with the Tevo intricacies over the last 3 months I wanted something that didn't suffer from the same.

Cartesian printers are brilliant insomuch as they're low cost and easy to build, loads of mods and the like. However they're not without their drawbacks. The bed system on the Tevo is weak and flimsy, the Z axis only has one rod driving it meaning your frame has to be spot on to keep the tension in the X bar else you'll get droop on the left side etc.

As I said a few pages back it's been a superb introduction into the hobby, and the forced learning curve has been really satisfying to travel.

Your doing great randal. I went the easy way and bought one all setup.

I don't like the Bowden setup at all, so that will have to change to use flexi stuff. Most likely move the reel to the top.
I would like to have auto bed level sensor. I'm just trying to find the latest STL files if anyone has a link to them.

I've tried some of the files in Simplify3D and there's mistakes in some.
Maybe some hero can start a thread just for this printer? :)

Last edited:
Associate
If I didn't have so many printers now (that aren't all used) and not enough room for them all I might join the D-Bot build off, lol.

Maybe time for a printer clear out or a bigger printer room?????

Please share your progress with your builds guys and If I can print anything for you let me no.

J.

Soldato
Deuse, how about this? If you wanted to use a Titan extruder at least.
I think I might go that way, as I don't fancy the bowden thing either.

Ooh, get me acting like I know what I'm on about after a few weeks of google fu :o

A dedicated thread might be a good idea actually. I know I'll have a lot of stuff to ask at least :D
There's also a facebook page for it, as you've probably seen in the comments https://www.facebook.com/groups/1711323699127948/

Last edited:
Soldato
If I didn't have so many printers now (that aren't all used) and not enough room for them all I might join the D-Bot build off, lol.

Please share your progress with your builds guys and If I can print anything for you let me no.

J.

Great find dude. I'll stay with the extruder mod I got(posted a page or two back). It's very cheap and works better then the Titan.

Associate

Sounds pretty great then! :)

Will it be a case of loading and customising Marlin or whatnot once it's done, and tune it nicely?

Other than pre-emptively installing Octopi I've yet to fully understand the coding/confit side of the fun. This interests me but it's been many years since I coded in anger heh.

Your doing great randal. I went the easy way and bought one all setup.

I don't like the Bowden setup at all, so that will have to change to use flexi stuff. Most likely move the reel to the top.
I would like to have auto bed level sensor. I'm just trying to find the latest STL files if anyone has a link to them.

I've tried some of the files in Simplify3D and there's mistakes in some.
Maybe some hero can start a thread just for this printer? :)

Agreed, I'd like auto levelling as well. Seems there's a couple of options available though which is good to see.

What sort of errors are there in the STLs? Do you think they'll still print OK?

J.

One of us, one of us!

Thanks dude.

Pleasure. :)

-

So the fruits of this weekend's work. This is what the Tevo looks like now, albeit with only one rod installed. I've got the X bar lined up nicely, and the Z offset dialled in better than I've managed to (read: had the patience to!) yet.

IMG_5116_zpsc9lfy5tu.jpg

IMG_5118_zpsruvjurig.jpg

And of course, the obligatory Benchie.

IMG_5121_zpswsj6xboi.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsmvvplhmo.jpg

FullSizeRender_1_zpskb4yac8l.jpg

IMG_5122_zpsmlub5tla.jpg

Rather pleased with that. Seems a shame to strip it for D-Bot parts now it's printing so nicely. Hey ho, for the greater good. :)

Back
Top Bottom