Black Border With Some Games

Associate
Hi, I dont normally have a black border around my screen when in desktop or in most games, however in a few games, the full screen is not covered leaving a black border around the edge as if the scaling is incorrect on my full resolution (1920 x 1080). I am using a 7950 through HDMI.

Thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
thats either the monitor itself doing some kind of scaling or pixel mapping or the graphics card. Check the OSD menu to see if there's any scaling options set like 1:1 or something. if it's not that, if you go into your NVIDIA control panel there's a section about output and scaling which you can change :)

Soldato
^If that doesn't work.

Are they older games?

I had this issue with Crysis on a recently bought new monitor and ended up changing a setting in Steam for it.

Open Library -> Right click Crysis -> Click Properties -> Click "Set Launch Options" -> add -dx9

I also read that Alt-Enter does magical things.

Caporegime
Hi, I dont normally have a black border around my screen when in desktop or in most games, however in a few games, the full screen is not covered leaving a black border around the edge as if the scaling is incorrect on my full resolution (1920 x 1080). I am using a 7950 through HDMI.

Thanks in advance.

pop in ccc/my digital flat panel/hdtv support

and click add to add custom res,then you'll see four arrows click the arrow pointing down just once,then save and apply it

then in the games with black borders (esp crysis 1) click to change screen res in game settings and apply new custom res of 1920 1076

then no black borders:D

Associate
OP
thats either the monitor itself doing some kind of scaling or pixel mapping or the graphics card. Check the OSD menu to see if there's any scaling options set like 1:1 or something. if it's not that, if you go into your NVIDIA control panel there's a section about output and scaling which you can change :)

Thanks, ive checked in my monitor settings and the only scaling option is set on the 'input label' to say its for a pc because im using HDMI, and in my gpu setting (CCC), i already have the scaling set for the normal desktop use.

^If that doesn't work.

Are they older games?

I had this issue with Crysis on a recently bought new monitor and ended up changing a setting in Steam for it.

I also read that Alt-Enter does magical things.

The main game it had issues with was the recent Payday 2 Beta, however the game seemed to be fine when i had changed it to 'windowed mode'

pop in ccc/my digital flat panel/hdtv support

and click add to add custom res,then you'll see four arrows click the arrow pointing down just once,then save and apply it

then in the games with black borders (esp crysis 1) click to change screen res in game settings and apply new custom res of 1920 1076

then no black borders:D

Thanks, ill try that with the games i have the border on :)

Back
Top Bottom