8Packs own LAN MATX Gaming rig. Project 8lite Tier!!

Associate
Evening,

Thanks for getting back to me mods1965. I finally got around to ordering my Parvum S2.0 case (in Black & Red) today. Looking at pictures and trying to guess if things will fit, will be easier when it arrives.

I read somewhere that the total distance between motherboard & top of the case is 60mm, so I assume the S1.0 only has 45mm. I appreciate the SE, would give me more wiggle room, but I was thinking that now I know the space i have to work, I should try to find a good fan. Once I know the fan depth I can choose the Rad to fit in the top accordingly.

Looking through a lot of picture I saw that most people put the rad & pump in the MB compartment. I did find a few that had the pump & res in the PSU compartment. I even found one that had mounted the EK DDC pump to the 80mm fan above the PSU. I rather liked that idea, but can for the life of me not find it again. It is interesting that you mention you have your pump positioned to the side of the rad. I assume it is the side closest to the window. The bit I like abou that is you have the pump, with the 100mm res on top. Do you know if it is possible to run bit of tubing vertically, creating to fill port in the top of the case? Or is this sort of thing not needed nowadays?

By 13/10 I assume that is the external & internal diameter of the tubing. I noticed that the seperation plate had circular holes in it for what I assumed was tubing. I guess using smaller tubing would increase the water pressue in the system giving it a higher head rating. When I last watercooled (some 10yrs ago) we use to use flex tube, the idea was to have as few bends in it as it reduced flow performance. However nowadays I see a lot of people with hard tubing, with bends left, right & centre. I guess pumps have improved significantly for bend not to be an issue.

As always I appreciate the help, feedback & advise.

Kind regards,

Andy.

Associate
Andy,
I did a measure and yes its about 60mm at the top.
I use Corsair SP Quite which are approx 25mm, so at PE@40mm=+fan@25mm, you can understand why its tight. I have a ROG Gene VII and the fan ends level to the top of the LED display, so you can picture how it looks.
Corsair SP look good with the coloured rings, but are loud when you go over 600RPM ish, so I am thinking about EK Vardar or Noctua NF-12. Both can go over 1000RPM before people report noise is an issue. With the SE, you are looking at approx 55mm in total as most fans seems to be 25mm. That loss of 10mm with the PE at the top and front should give more space for cables/tubes etc.
Consider that the top of the front RAD/FAN is close to right hand side of the top RAD/FAN. That gap between the two is where you run tubes and place fittings. A 30mm RAD really helps and gives you more space to play with in this case. I did not consider this when I bought the PE's and although it works, it makes for more work getting the tubes right.
It's hard to explain in text, but there is a void at the case front between the side of the front RAD/FAN and the case window of approx 70mm. The pump you select will determine if you have to obstruct the RAD/FAN. A D5 or dcp would obstruct as they are more horizontal in design, but not a DDC, which is vertical and compact.
The problem with the EK DCC combo is that its not a top fill out of the box. I have input on right and output on left. You can see my case in the Parvum owners in cases section to better understand.
I have now bought a heat sink and EK top for my DCC and will attach a Bitspower 150 to it via an extender. This res allows a top input, which will tidy up my build even more.
Lots of people do this with DDC and D5. Check out OCN forum for some other great examples as well as on here.
Yes, 13/10 is as you say. The thing about the S2.0 is that the flex tube runs are short, but there is resistance and that is why I used the DDC as its more suited to solve this.
I try to run low fan RPM to make it quite and that works brilliantly for me. I get 40 degrees CPU and GPU avg and 50 degrees on load, which is perfect for me as I have a R9 290. If i up the RPM, the temps drop a lot, but the noise ramps up, so I have a sweet spot and its great.
I recommend you get a white LED strip light. This case was made for lighting.

Associate
Evening Mods1695,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have been looking at the EK Vardar fans as well. The brown of the Noctua is a put off for me. With the lead up to this point, the more I read, the more my build has changed. I was originally advised to get a GTX980ti and base my build around it. However with big changes next year and only gaming in 1080 it seems a 960 would do the job for now. So at the moment I do not really need two rads with such an extreme pump (was looking at the EK DDC 3.2 Elite), interesting how it is not top fill. But with good prices on component now I am happy to spend the money now. Rather then spending a lot more when I upgrade the gfx card.

I will indeed spend more time looking throught the OCN Parvum thread. I appreciate how hard it is to describe things as I struggle to visualise how parts will go together. But I appreciate all the help.

Hopefully my case will arrive on Friday, then just need to fill it with things!

Kind regards,

Andy.

Soldato
That looks beautiful. You're systems are always so neat and tidy, it pleases my OCD.

In the middle of building my first loop :D Also managed to grab some red braided extensions too.

Soldato
Very smexeh dude, well done.
Where's the Aquaero unit - or did you get the LT model which can be hidden away?

Waiting for Zen then gunna be doing something similar (even though I don't need it lol!)

Associate
8 Pack,

What fittings are you using on the front mounted Rad. Does the flow go into the rear compartment.

I see that the flow comes from the rear compartment (I assume from the Pump) to the Rad > CPU > GPU*2 > then into the rear compartment.

I have mounted a PE with F3 on top, with an XE with F3 to the front (both pulling air out the case). It is indeed tight in the top right corner.

Do you have any pictures of the rear compartment? That would be great. I have my res/pump mounted to the 80mm fan above the PSU.

As always your help & advice is greatly appreciated.

Andy.

Associate
Great looking machine, and I'm sure it goes well ;)

I have that motherboard, it's great...but the only thing I think lets it down is the 3rd PCIE lane. It's 'only' PCIE 2 which I think is a bit of a cop out. I don't think you're using it though.

Associate
No need for teh third slot for me. Just 16x 16x slots for the GPU's

Very nice build planning do a very similar build apart from proper water cooling [Using H100i] as don't trust myself do that. As you say its not a cheap build at all to do but one that will last for years.

Associate
This is not a system we ofer as a build but I tyhink we should as an 8Pack system.

Parts alone is £3K+ I think.

Is that why I don't appear to be able to find the mobo in the store or are there other commercial reasons? If 8 Packs using it I'm pretty sure they would be a strong seller for the store.

Back
Top Bottom