What is the world coming to...

Permabanned
Was in M&S multi storey carpark today, parked in a disabled bay whilst my elderly, disabled Nan was in the shop.

I witnessed an old couple, complete with disabled badge like the one sitting on my dashboard, park in one of the Parent and Child bays because all of the disabled bays were taken. According to the law, I believe this is perfectly fine?

Young mother strolled past with 2 infants in their pushchair, and proceeded to shout at the old guy, who looked old enough to have been in WW2 btw, that they are not allowed to park there, and asked them how dare they and who do they think they are? Old guy looked really scared and frightened, I really wanted to intervene but thought, what can I do...visions of me getting arrested for verbally assaulting a young woman went through my mind, so I did nothing, and had to stand next to my car and watch her rage at this poor old fella and his wife.

I bet she is a single mother, on benefits, probably doesn't even pay tax, and there she is yelling and swearing and bullying some defenseless old man, who looked around the age that he could have defended our country in WW2, defended the lives of people like her!, because she thinks only parents like herself are allowed special spaces.

What is this country coming to...

The worst bit of it all was that the owners of the car next to me came out before my Nan did....and they weren't even disabled; 2 young, kinda hot looking teenage mothers, with 3 kids between them, in a huge MPV parked diagonally across two disabled bays... the whole reason this older couple could not find a space to park in!

I am so mad I am still fuming!

Soldato
I really wanted to intervene but thought, what can I do...visions of me getting arrested for verbally assaulting a young woman went through my mind, so I did nothing, and had to stand next to my car and watch her rage at this poor old fella and his wife.

Nonsense & pathetic IMO

Soldato
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

That.... is what is wrong with the world.

Caporegime
Do you want to make any more assumptions about the people in your post? Or are you done with the "young mother must be scrounging off the state, old chap probably fought for his country"?

Obviously it made you really angry, which was why you didn't step in and say anything.

Permabanned
OP
Nope, I am happy with the current assumptions thankyou :)

I will put my hands up though and say I don't know how to deal with confrontational women. Hence why I did not intervene.

Soldato
should have said somthing if you felt so strongly about it.

I have had abuse from these sort before when I went to pick my wife and daughter up from the supermarket so i used the available child space, overheard some scruffy looking woman giving me abuse for abusing the parking space but soon shut up as I went over to my wife and daughter (i may of said a few short words prior to that that may not of helped with her anger)

Permabanned
OP
[FnG]magnolia;25630529 said:
Why didn't you krav maga them, twoblacklines? You've had more fights than they've had hot dinners :o

Because I can't shout at women let alone hit them, I was brought up that women are to be respected at all times. I have let women hit me when I have been out on the **** before, nothing I can do back to them, just the way I am wired.

If this had been a bloke having a go then I would have intervened. But it wasn't so I didn't know what to do.

Soldato
As someone who works for a local authority and sees a lot of 'customer' complaints I'll never cease to be amazed at the sense of entitlement people have. The amount of times I've seen a refusal of a request countered with "But I'm a single mother [so there should be different rules for me]" is staggering.

Permabanned
OP
Love how in threads like these people single out the OP's faults over the actual scenario :rolleyes: Got to love OCUK GD haven't you!

Caporegime
If you wanted praise and agreement then you should have emailed it to your mother rather than posting it on a public forum.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
You were so angry about it instead of defending the old boy you ran home to post on a forum about it.
It's Pathetic individuals that witness events like this & do nothing that boils my ****.

Permabanned
OP
As someone who works for a local authority and sees a lot of 'customer' complaints I'll never cease to be amazed at the sense of entitlement people have. The amount of times I've seen a refusal of a request countered with "But I'm a single mother [so there should be different rules for me]" is staggering.

Haha!

A friend of mine organised a party for the community she lives in, £5 per child £10 per parent, everyone accepted and signed up for tickets with no complaint except for one. The one complainee was a single mother with SIX children who told her that the tickets were too expensive, and as she is a single mother she expects a concession; she wanted to pay £5 for herself and all of her kids go free of charge... just makes me laugh!

Soldato
Love how in threads like these people single out the OP's faults over the actual scenario :rolleyes: Got to love OCUK GD haven't you!
your still a pussy though. I have a pair of balls between my legs. If I see someone doing something i find outrageous i will tell them. And to mention ww2.... pppfff talk about irony.

Back
Top Bottom