*** League of Legends ***

Associate
Just play howling abyss, that way you're guaranteed to try a bunch of different champions and the games are pretty short. Add in the ability to mute anyone that complains and you have the perfect way to move from bots to people :). The league community is definitely a lot less toxic than it used to be, too

i think it has gotten worse. i was leveling a new account with a friend and at such low levels people are wishing cancer on each other, wishing their mothers would die, and get aids.. and this is pre30... imagine these tools in a ranked game.

Soldato
Pre level 30 is much much worse than after level 30. I can't even remember the last time I saw any of what you mentioned.

Pre level 30 is mostly the people who have been banned for toxicity and are leveling smurfs.

Soldato
OP
Pre level 30 is much much worse than after level 30. I can't even remember the last time I saw any of what you mentioned.

Pre level 30 is mostly the people who have been banned for toxicity and are leveling smurfs.

I think it's more the level you play at rather than a pre post 30. I no longer play in solo queue, my repertoire is too limited and it's just not enjoyable for me, those in the group who played solo reported pre season end the trolling and behaviour was very poor (silver and gold). When we play with randoms some of their attitudes and self beliefs are shocking. Generally we limit ourselves to one random :)

Associate
Started picking league up again after a year and a half out of action, nice to see the meta game still constantly on the move!

Three month update -: Haven't delved in to ranked yet as I still don't feel confident I will win the majority of my games @ Gold/Plat.

Things I am however doing are watching my replays, trying to get some consistency with my click patterns & testing interactions that I am not familiar with e.g. post Reksai release.

Soldato
Anyone still playing this? Is the OcUK channel still going? I played a few games last night, and before that the last time I played was about a year or so ago so a lot has changed! I wasn't great last night, I played Pantheon top and Yorick top. I need to work on my last hitting and getting caught out of position when the gank comes in. I should also probably be less aggressive early game but when you play Pantheon it's hard not to be! My ingame name is Eecao, feel free to add me and I can join for some games. I tend to be on late in the evening as we have a toddler and our evenings can sometimes be topsy-turvy!

Soldato
OP
Yes a group of us play and tend to be after 9:30pm. We use discord for chat, tend to be on the more relaxed play but we try and coordinate as a team but if you have aspirations of diamond it won't be for you :) If I see you and we have slots then i'll ping you a message after a couple of times i tend to give up :)

Soldato
Yes a group of us play and tend to be after 9:30pm. We use discord for chat, tend to be on the more relaxed play but we try and coordinate as a team but if you have aspirations of diamond it won't be for you :) If I see you and we have slots then i'll ping you a message after a couple of times i tend to give up :)

I most definitely don't have aspirations of Diamond! I'd be happy with Silver! I'm kidding, I play to have fun, not to be the best at it so I'd definitely be up for a few relaxed games sometime :) Where I end up if I play ranked isn't important, it's more about actually enjoying the experience. Unfortunately solo queue sometimes ruins the fun because a lot of the players that end up in the queues aren't friendly at all.

Associate
As for me, I am forever gold 5. I have my ideas of the game and some knowledge and experience too, but I have no time or need to get any higher.

Associate
New Season brings the same idiots and players who cannot do simple things such as say ss or not feed.

Had a random SR 5v5 last night, i was Teemo mid against a very dumb Yi who insisted on tower diving me after i hit Q and he was blind. I was AP carry and hitting Q for 1000ap getting kill after kill with ease. All my team had to do was take the final 20% off the nexus yet decided to kill minions and mess about.....hence they got wiped and we lost.

Yet i end up getting reported for negative attitude!

Associate
New Season brings the same idiots and players who cannot do simple things such as say ss or not feed.

Had a random SR 5v5 last night, i was Teemo mid against a very dumb Yi who insisted on tower diving me after i hit Q and he was blind. I was AP carry and hitting Q for 1000ap getting kill after kill with ease. All my team had to do was take the final 20% off the nexus yet decided to kill minions and mess about.....hence they got wiped and we lost.

Yet i end up getting reported for negative attitude!

By the sounds of it you were most likely toxic in team chat to your team. Whether you were carrying or they were doing badly, you most likely still were toxic hence the report for negative attitude :D

Soldato
I know the feeling, its like starting a new account. Pre-30 matches are like this for the first few weeks of the season. I am not going to bother ranking for at least another week but i am excited for the new champ select as i feel it makes match making much better in a sense that there will be less people being toxic due to positions they are uncomfortable with. I am also disappointed in a way that they are accommodating players who only play one or two positions, fair enough if you have a favourite but making it so you get the lane you want every time will remove the need to learnt o play in other places and therefore understanding the game more.

I was reported yesterday for verbal abuse when i didn't type anything more than gj. I was support thresh and ended with a score of 1/2/26 and my carry ended with 16/3/8. My communications consisted of pinging, gj and gg. I am playing an alternative account which is still pre-30 at the moment. Reason for this is i wanted to play on another server to see the quality of their ranked leagues but the toxicity in pre 30 is crazy. Insta-locks and people just arguing over for the preferred position, picking it anyway and then you find that there are 3 people mid two top and just me on my lonesome bot. I am not great at filling in other roles but i am more than happy to do it, makes for a fresh change.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently level 24, best way I learned was playing with ranked golds/silvers on normals (not smurf accounts).

I do not like playing people my level I feel that I will learn some really bad habits.

And the abuse thing is like frustrating, cockyness is the worst.....

Soldato
I think people generally smurf because they are either looking for easy games, were toxic on their main so they are temp banned or are deluded into thinking that they can solo yolo their way to the top without teamwork in a game that requires teamwork.

I am 22 on this US account and am sick of the toxics and solo players. I want to be 30 to play ranked matches in their league but its taking a while. Fastest way would be to just power through bot games but they are boring and blind pick/draft is so toxic at these levels that it is frustrating. Last match i had the ADC was raging at my support pick before the game started because they wanted tahm but I find tahm boring so i went with thresh. They were throwing a tantrum about me picking a support i prefered because they have had good games with tahm before and thresh does no damage (which is bs bec early game he has decent harass and the tankiness to deliver said whipping).

Some champs a lil more OP than others but its the summoners which determine how good they are and the items that determine the damage they do.

Associate
By the sounds of it you were most likely toxic in team chat to your team. Whether you were carrying or they were doing badly, you most likely still were toxic hence the report for negative attitude :D

I was incredibly toxic hence my continual bans and chat restrictions.

But aside from that, 8/10 teams im grouped with are clueless even in ranked and feed like hell.

Been playing LoL since late 2009 and its always been the same, good players punished for calling trolls, feeders and unskilled names.

Associate
I was incredibly toxic hence my continual bans and chat restrictions.

But aside from that, 8/10 teams im grouped with are clueless even in ranked and feed like hell.

Been playing LoL since late 2009 and its always been the same, good players punished for calling trolls, feeders and unskilled names.

Instead of being toxic maybe guide/advise your team.. meh i get that most people will just not listen at all, but being toxic is literally doing nothing positive other than putting them on more of a tilt.

I'd rather have a bad player who atleast listens rather than a toxic player who thinks they are froggen.

Soldato
A lot of players will take advice and return hostile replies because they are frustrated at doing badly and will just take insult at advice.

I genuinely believe though pre-30 is a difficult time to get decent matchups as most pre-30 people are toxic, both on your side and theirs. Due to toxic players and trolls being on your side, it is a little more out of your control to be able to keep a win rate which will eventually set you against pre-30 people that are of a certain standard or higher.

When i started draft/blind pick pre-30 i found that 4/5 games had someone go afk or competing for the same lane 15 minutes into a match or had some knob saying 'gank now or i feed'.

Funnily enough my ARAM on this lower lvl account is keeping a 75%+ win ratio with 17+ games played, i dont know if they have matchmaking for aram, prob not since the wins are very much dependant on team composition that is out of summoners control and less dependant on the technical skill of the summoners fav top played champs.

If you are confident about your ability and want to get out of these poor pre30 match-ups, team with a high ranked friend and win games. You will be matched with players of a higher standard and winning these matches consistently should affect your future matchmaking. Takes a while to do and likely people will hit 30 not long after it makes too much difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom