iRacing

Associate
Did you have V2's previously? I'd be interested to know what they're like by comparison. The new ones look stunning.

I'll definitely get some shots when it's all mounted.

Soldato
No, have the ts500 wheel and pedals..

Hopefully, since I wear socks when driving the vibration will be strong enough to feel through my feet.

Will post a wee review of them on here when I get them..

Man of Honour
Fanatec aren't doing the same Black Friday deal as last year. So no free Formula rim with the BMW rim.

They are doing their new Xbox One compatible rim with the V3 base for €799 which is a saving of €100 on the current seperate selling price. So may as well get that since I've just ordered an Xbox One.

So hopefully I'll order tomorrow and have my new kit next week.

And as an added bonus the exchange rate is better than when I first budgeted for everything and it'll be even cheaper.

Soldato
Oooh, that's tempting.

I nearly bit on a the Logitech G920 (also Xbox One compatible) for a very good price from a large retailer. Would be a low cost change from barmyllama's old G27 that I've been using for a couple of years. I'd like to give Forza 6 a try with a wheel/pedals.

Soldato
V3 pedals arrived today, not too bad consideringf I ordered on Monday morning.

Oh my, they look spectacular!! Loving the adjustable pressure on the brake pedal, even at the easiest setting it seems plenty for me.

Need to wait until tomorrow before I get my BMW GT rim, and then I am all set up.

Man of Honour
Oooh, that's tempting.

I nearly bit on a the Logitech G920 (also Xbox One compatible) for a very good price from a large retailer. Would be a low cost change from barmyllama's old G27 that I've been using for a couple of years. I'd like to give Forza 6 a try with a wheel/pedals.

Is that the one that you got from stoke1863?

I sold another one on eBay the other week for £185 :eek:

Associate
I bet they're kicking themselves after the G27 can be had in black Friday sales for £180!

The new F1 car looks amazing. I didn't think I'd be interested in trying anything like that but after reading the (superbly written) iRacing blog I'm really interested in the way they're making the technology behind it virtual.

Associate
Those are some of the best looking pedals out there right now, would like to hear what you think of them, I loved my V2's, felt like a massive jump from G27 pedals. I found it much easier to be consistent with my braking.

Soldato
Is that the one that you got from stoke1863?

I sold another one on eBay the other week for £185 :eek:

Yeah, that's the one. Never given me an ounce of bother, and it's been getting a beating for the last 9 months in the iRacing Kia series.

I got offered a set of Fanatec Club Sport pedals so I upgraded. I'm wondering how much of a jump in feedback you get with something like the new Fanatec wheel?

Man of Honour
Just ordered V2 base, V3 pedals and that crappy Xbox One rim.

Black Friday deal didn't go live until 7:30 this morning, so had to order from my phone.

Can't order anymore, had two cards declined as fraud protection and got and authorisation text from one company but not the other. So couldn't order it in one go. I'll have try again when I get home to get the BMW rim and the shifter.

Just means I won't get it all in one go.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Managed to sort cards out. What a ball ache, ended up on the phone to the card company in the end. Hopefully it will all be shipped today and I should get everything Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Man of Honour
Ordered the V2 base, V3 pedals, BMW rim, shifter seq 1.5 and the cheapo Xbox One rim.

It was either that or one of the Xbox One compatible rims with the universal box. Much prefer the look of the BMW rim over the other ones. I think the Xbox One rims look a bit more like a console peripheral. Whereas the BMW rim looks real.

Associate
I had the BMW for a short while (bought on ebay, sadly it was defective and had to be sent back) It's as great feeling rim though.

The CSW V2 will fit straight onto the Obutto but I had to drill the shifter mount to fit my SEQ EU. Never had to fiddle with it since though.

Man of Honour
Got an Xbox One waiting when I get home. Should keep me out of trouble until the sim gear turns up. i reckon it will be a month since I did any racing by the time it all turns up and it's set up.

Permabanned
I bet they're kicking themselves after the G27 can be had in black Friday sales for £180!

The new F1 car looks amazing. I didn't think I'd be interested in trying anything like that but after reading the (superbly written) iRacing blog I'm really interested in the way they're making the technology behind it virtual.

That's the price I just got a G29 for! :D

Does anyone have any discount codes like the half price yearly membership please? I checked my email, but the last code I had expired November 2014!

Soldato
So, CV3 pedals.

Wow, just wow... :)

So build quality, absolutely fantastic, design is brilliant, feel of both pedals are great on my feet (socks).

I was using t500 pedals before, and the extra sensitivity of these give me so much more control, I can do things with the car now that if I had tried before would have caused me to lock up or to spin out.

The vibration on the brake and acc pedal is strong enough for you to feel, the brake is especially useful for letting you know when you're about to lock up. The acc pedal gives you a feeling of understeer when it occurs.

Look at it this way, I just took .9 of a sec of my best lap at Spa in the skippy after 2 laps, maybe it was partly the weather, but I could nail my braking every time with no lock up, so much more confidence now.

If you have standalone pedals already, then maybe these wouldn't be worth it, but if you have G27 or T500 pedals, then yes these are a huge upgrade..

You also need the latest version of Fanaleds to have the vibration working in the pedals..

Back
Top Bottom