Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Revealed

Permabanned
How do you get rid of the blur? I've turned bloom, dof and lens flare off and it is like someone has smeared vaseline over my eyes. Why do developers insist on using these stupid graphical options.

Associate
Guys when it works is very good, tonight when the servers came back up its been running very well... I hate Ubi also but for this am giving them my full backing I think they have something very decent here worth matching CSGO.

Time will tell.

I think you're on to something. I think it has great potential to be the next big tactical shooter. For me it feels like a Swat4/CSGO hybrid.

Soldato
Just gave it a go. The suicide bomber is plain stupid. Otherwise its a lot of fun.

Yeah that wound me up and put me off T-hunt completely.

Anyone know what relevance the rankings have? Just got my first one as silver 2 but no idea where I sit in the grand scheme of things, google couldnt find it.

Associate
You'll know that ranked = hardcore, right?

If you hate the HUD icons it's the only mode to play, just be warned that the game requires a little more teamwork and that can be a bit difficult with the randoms playing atm.

Soldato
You'll know that ranked = hardcore, right?

If you hate the HUD icons it's the only mode to play, just be warned that the game requires a little more teamwork and that can be a bit difficult with the randoms playing atm.

Hardcore is the only way to play online FPS imo, I want realism, this is fairly close.

Still too much clutter on the HUD even in ranked mode though, needs to be perfectly clean imo.

Leave the noobs to battlefield and having to put 30 rnds into someone to stop them, I want to be afraid of people getting the drop on me

Associate
I seem to be dying rather quick, I aim down the sights at my enemy then I'm dead before I can shoot, I look at the killcam and they don't even aim in half the time.... Guess i'll just need to hipfire also..

Soldato
nope. Lean, crouch and tap are your friends I've found.

Also get used to the map, the choke points and where people will like to wait for you.

I've had a few great kills today by going completely the opposite way to my team. Chances are if someone camps the bomb in basement for example they wont expect you to come in on the 2nd floor and work your way down ;)

literally taken out an entire team one by one doing that. Come down the stairs to see them watching a doorway at the opposite end, kill them, their mates rush in to help defend that doorway, kill them too.

This has got massive scope for being a thinking mans game, if Ubi play it right and listen to balancing issues this is e-sport worthy imo.

Associate
Things are looking more positive in this thread now, when does the Beta end, hoping to get some time in tomorrow and Sunday on it....

Might preorder on Monday if they've fixed it.

Sunday should be last day I believe. Just a heads up, matchmacking can get buggy at times, as well as the in-game VOIP. If you're playing with TS it's likely that you will transmit sound into the in-game VOIP, which in that case just bring the mic volume down to 0.

Soldato
it looks great to me, i cant wait to play Terrorist Hunt all on my own :D
it looks good on Youtube

Vegas 2 was excellent for Terrorist Hunt

what a pile of steaming horse poop! and not just the bugs - good luck getting this **** polished in time for release

What bugs did you experience? We've been playing it all night with no problems. Near instant match making, squads/invite system working properly, no dramas in game so to speak. Other than ridiculously accurate AI and children mouthing off in the chat. You can take the tactical shooter out of Battlefield, but you can't take the Battlefield out of tactical shooters I guess.

I'm genuinely surprised, for an Ubi release my expectations were set toilet low and this has a lot of potential.

Back
Top Bottom