** OcUK Community TeamSpeak Server **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Having had lots of fun with the OcUK Battlefield 4 Community on Teamspeak, following on from a discussion with 5UB we thought it would be a good idea to spread the love and host a TS server for use by all the OcUK Community.

Anybody and everybody is welcome - it's there for the use of OcUK Forum Members and friends. If you want a channel creating for the game you are playing please just post here and we'll get it created for you.

Server Connection Details
85.236.100.27:21657

Server Rules
  • No ban on swearing, but please refrain from anything racist, homophobic and things along those lines.
  • No soundboard/music playing whilst people are gaming.
  • For those using voice activation, please ensure your settings are configured to ensure you aren't constantly transmitting.

Server Ranks
dG4Ja7i.png - Server Administrator
wZ4ibmu.png - Channel Administrator
DZ7pU1t.png - Regular User
MCZ4obb.png - Visitor

Server Admins
Forum Name (TS Username)
wndsr
JOSH86
wanderer89 (chippy)
Fire_Fly (Sidewinder)
Nexus18 (Nexus)
Buster2312 (Crispy)
TonyTurbo78 (TonyTurbo)
HazardO
Flighty

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I had that on my Logitech G340 headset, apparently something to do with noise cancellation not functioning as intended. The main reason why it's there is so people don't transmit all their heavy breathing, mumbling, sneezing, yawning etc... :D

Man of Honour
Having had lots of fun with the OcUK Battlefield 4 Community on Teamspeak, following on from a discussion with 5UB we thought it would be a good idea to spread the love and host a TS server for use by all the OcUK Community.

Anybody and everybody is welcome - it's there for the use of OcUK Forum Members and friends. If you want a channel creating for the game you are playing please just post here and we'll get it created for you.

Server Connection Details
85.236.100.27:21657

Server Rules
  • No ban on swearing, but please refrain from anything racist, homophobic and things along those lines.
  • No soundboard/music playing whilst people are gaming.
  • For those using voice activation, please ensure your settings are configured to ensure you aren't constantly transmitting.

Nice work. I also got a community license and a server running a while back with the idea of doing this but..yeah..I've been too lazy :p Have you got the standard community license or are you having to pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

ahah i told 5ub to do a ts like 2 years ago :p

but nooo mumble is better :p

Sigh.

Soldato
Nice work. I also got a community license and a server running a while back with the idea of doing this but..yeah..I've been too lazy :p Have you got the standard community license or are you having to pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Sigh.

Looks like it's paid for as it's a Multiplay server.

Good work on getting a server up! :)

Soldato
OP

There were 5 of us who started it a few months back so just a normal paid-for server from Multiplay. We aren't precious about admin or anything like that so will give it to frequent visitors :)

Underboss
Wait what...I didn't agree to this! Lol

It's only 30 slots at present, if it gets bigger we will need to have some contributions towards it.

Feel free to jump on, if you need a specific game channel created, please ask an admin and they will sort you out! Admins have the red "S" shield.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wait what...I didn't agree to this!

It's only 30 slots at present, if it gets bigger we will need to have some contributions towards it.

Feel free to jump on, if you need a specific game channel created, please ask an admin and they will sort you out! Admins have the red "S" shield.

Alternatively, you could rent an OVH Kimsufi Dedicated server for roughly £40 a year, set up a teamspeak server and get an NPL Key (512 slots) free from Teamspeak :)

Would work out cheaper than renting a teamspeak server and you'd have far more uptime and better network (+ proper ddos mitigation) than Multiplay could offer.

Soldato
Alternatively, you could rent an OVH Kimsufi Dedicated server for roughly £40 a year, set up a teamspeak server and get an NPL Key (512 slots) free from Teamspeak :)

Would work out cheaper than renting a teamspeak server and you'd have far more uptime and better network (+ proper ddos mitigation) than Multiplay could offer.

Seems like a really good idea actually :)

I guess the first step is to monitor the use of the current solution and then look to procure something more long term if the user is regularly hitting 30 players + per day or every other night.

I would happily contribute for admin right ;)

Also, Multiplay were selling some of their old servers off on the Multiplay Trade forums. Would it be worth buying one, assuming they have any left, and hosting that somewhere? OcUK must have a free rack? ;)

Soldato
Seems like a really good idea actually :)

I guess the first step is to monitor the use of the current solution and then look to procure something more long term if the user is regularly hitting 30 players + per day or every other night.

I would happily contribute for admin right ;)

Also, Multiplay were selling some of their old servers off on the Multiplay Trade forums. Would it be worth buying one, assuming they have any left, and hosting that somewhere? OcUK must have a free rack? ;)

Yeah, I'd not rush in too much, see how popular the server gets and if it can maintain popularity.

I'm running a TS server that was hitting 32 players a night with people complaining the server was full. Now that I have a 512 slot license key, it's peaking at 15 haha (although the DayZ mod that it's based on has also started declining in terms of players :( ).

Generally if you want high uptime on low spec servers then I'd recommend for a dedicated server because at least then if any hardware fails then the provider has a duty to sort it as quickly as possible. Cheaper to rent too.

What thread were the servers for sale in btw? Haven't looked at MP forums properly for a while.

Underboss
Yeah when we set it up it was only as a BF4 TS server as we needed a new one asap.

The founding members have agreed to branch out and open up the server. Gotta get our moneys worth etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom