Football manager 2016

Man of Honour
Apparently the official reveal happens today at 2pm BST.

So who's going to be getting it and what would you like to see improved?

I've spent literally thousands of hours on previous games and for me one of the largest problems is the match engine. It's a resource hog. Board expectations also need a kick up the backside as they increase too rapidly. I'd like to see numerous other little implementations. Various scouting fixes and a more streamlined scouting interface.

Caporegime
Player happiness needs to be fixed this version, it was so broken in FM 2015.

Started a new game as Barca, Deulofeu who had a squad status of backup got unhappy that he wasn't playing enough (50% way through the season and he'd played over half the games)
Munir got unhappy and said he wanted to move to a larger club....
Alba was upset he wasn't first team choice (he was and was playing over 85% of games)
Mascherano got upset when I fined him for his fourth red card of the season.

It was just constant baseless whining from players that you could do nothing about.

Man of Honour
OP
Whilst I do agree that player happiness needs a tweak surely this is part and parcel. Obviously players at the top of the tier will require a little more tolerance on your part as manager. It's also down to the hidden traits of the player. If you have the editor installed you can remove unhappiness in one swoop :)

Soldato
Finally! I skipped FM2015 for reasons I can't remember and I've been itching to get started again.

The main thing I would like to see is better AI scouting and transfer behaviour. When 10 years down the line Chelsea are still using a 35 year old Diego Costa because they haven't found a decent youngster to replace him, the game gets a bit easy. Clubs with big scouting networks should be much more aggressive when it comes to finding youngsters and better at developing them. The same goes for hiring staff members - there always seem to be loads of great coaches and scouts available that no one else wants.

Related to transfer activity, a bit more personality from managers and chairmen would be nice. Some managers would go after home-grown players, some would prefer to use young players etc; some chairmen would be happy to overrule the manager and sell their top players for the right price, others would do everything to keep hold of them (maybe give you the option to offer them wages above the usual limits).

Press conferences and interviews need a major overhaul to make them worth attending. I guess the problem they have here is that press conferences irl are dull and repetitive too.

Caporegime
Whilst I do agree that player happiness needs a tweak surely this is part and parcel. Obviously players at the top of the tier will require a little more tolerance on your part as manager. It's also down to the hidden traits of the player. If you have the editor installed you can remove unhappiness in one swoop :)

It's clearly a bug though. A player at Barcelona would never demand to move to a bigger club. Not to mention the others which are equally stupid.

Soldato
Follow us on Facebook for the release date announcement at 14.00!
Follow us on Twitter to see the new features at 14.30!
Follow us on Instagram to see videos of the match engine at 15.15!

Ah, I see what they're doing...

Soldato
Player happiness needs to be fixed this version, it was so broken in FM 2015.

Started a new game as Barca, Deulofeu who had a squad status of backup got unhappy that he wasn't playing enough (50% way through the season and he'd played over half the games)
Munir got unhappy and said he wanted to move to a larger club....
Alba was upset he wasn't first team choice (he was and was playing over 85% of games)
Mascherano got upset when I fined him for his fourth red card of the season.

It was just constant baseless whining from players that you could do nothing about.

100% Agree. I should have wrote a list down because there is a load of bugs in FM 2015. The 3D match engine is crap, if you hit instant result against a week you will win, play it in the 3D engine you might lose/draw. It's hard to explain but the 3d match engine needs a lot of attention.

Soldato
Finally! I skipped FM2015 for reasons I can't remember and I've been itching to get started again.

The main thing I would like to see is better AI scouting and transfer behaviour. When 10 years down the line Chelsea are still using a 35 year old Diego Costa because they haven't found a decent youngster to replace him, the game gets a bit easy. Clubs with big scouting networks should be much more aggressive when it comes to finding youngsters and better at developing them. The same goes for hiring staff members - there always seem to be loads of great coaches and scouts available that no one else wants.

You can set each of your scouts to cover any region and they will gain knowledge of the region and this will show up on your total scouted knowledge in 2015.

Man of Honour
OP
You can set each of your scouts to cover any region and they will gain knowledge of the region and this will show up on your total scouted knowledge in 2015.

That is true but I think maybe what he is getting at is the fact large AI clubs tend not to expand their scouting knowledge much, as a result they might miss out on some of the best regens. Whilst on the subject of scouting I'd like to see an option to scout various regions without having to constantly restart. It's not so bad when you have a few scouts but when you have 26 it becomes tedious.

Associate
Follow us on Facebook for the release date announcement at 14.00!
Follow us on Twitter to see the new features at 14.30!
Follow us on Instagram to see videos of the match engine at 15.15!

I have none of the above, what happened to good old fashioned Youtube?!

Soldato
That is true but I think maybe what he is getting at is the fact large AI clubs tend not to expand their scouting knowledge much, as a result they might miss out on some of the best regens. Whilst on the subject of scouting I'd like to see an option to scout various regions without having to constantly restart. It's not so bad when you have a few scouts but when you have 26 it becomes tedious.

It certainly is tedious, but possibly realistic? Whatever, I agree. It is a "game" after all.

Soldato
Hopefully lots of new stuff. Bailed on 15, buy it every other year.

Really wish they do custom stadiums for the match engine, an editor would be great. I used to get a kick with the background image being the city ground, or whatever team I was playing during the game.

Back
Top Bottom