Sociable Soccer

Soldato
Haven't they tried to redo it before and flopped? Even the Xbox Arcade version from a few years back didn't evoke the same feeling.

Just leave it alone.

Soldato
It'll be terrible. what's the point in making it 3d anyway.

The x360 one was actually really good. Played it quite a bit.

E:
Though, having watched the video, it does move like the old ones...

Last edited:
Associate
No idea why they just re-release World of Soccer with 1080p and re digitised sprites.

As for lack of joysticks controller actually works not too bad, got the 360 version and it's ok.

Soldato
Looks alright, but can't see it surpassing the original for actual gameplay.

Aside from a flashy interface and online options, you might as well just play the original.

I still do this from time to time, game loses nothing in terms of the addiction factor. You can even get the updated teams from the day, though truth be told I get off playing with the old players, my time when football ruled a part of my life:)

Anyhow, 6 button megadrive pad, the one with the small buttons, and the red start button was the best controller for me.... you could flex every shot/pass like the ball was on elastic:)

Soldato
Sensible soccer was terrible, sensible world of soccor however, that may just be my most played game ever!

It was incredible on the Amiga apart from the 10 minute wait between seasons where it loaded the next season up

Associate
Sensi with a Zipstick joystick was the best thing around for the time.

Does anyone remember a demo disk that shipped with Amiga Power which loaded a one-off game between England and West Germany, with a bomb replacing the ball? It would periodically starting pulsating and flash red, explode, then take out all nearby players! Top stuff!

Soldato
I'm in with a £100 backing. Sensi Soccer was the best footie game ever made. If Sociable Soccer is even just slightly as good, it's going to be awesome! Though it's a godawful name...

Back
Top Bottom