SM951 256GB M.2 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe

Soldato
OP
Cheers foe the info my I did mean the pro not evo. Sorry force of habit from previous ssd's so the pro is identical speed wise. Certainly looks nicer on the eye.

When are 651 ones set to launch ?

Soldato
Cheers foe the info my I did mean the pro not evo. Sorry force of habit from previous ssd's so the pro is identical speed wise. Certainly looks nicer on the eye.

When are 651 ones set to launch ?

You can pick up the SM961 now. Though these once again are true OEM drives (no problem with that, as long as you appreciate what you are buying into).

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...3.0-x-4-nvme-solid-state-drive-hd-22b-sa.html

I'm waiting this time for the retail version of this, probably going to be called the 960 Pro, to arrive. Rumor mill says there might even be a 960 evo as well. TBC

Crazy speeds. Already knocking on the limitations of the current M.2 PCI-E 3.0 (x4) socket. Where next I ask? Though maybe I should be asking some other questions:

- Are these speed bumps really worth it?
Can't say that I personally care. Just like having the latest / best tech.

- Maybe need something a bit better these days than the NTFS file system? Lets face it, this has now been around (in one version or another) for over 20 years!!!

All good fun :)

Soldato
OP
Cool well I might hang on for the retail / evo edition as I could do with another one in my system at some point.

I don't notice the speed in day to day use. But I do in arma which I play a LOT load times and map rendering have improved over a bulk standard ssd

First things first I wanna get my boot times correct. Just because I am weird like that! And get my memory running at the correct speeds.

Back
Top Bottom