Samsung 850 Pro behaving strangely.

Associate
I'm hoping someone can offer some advice on this problem I have with a Samsung 850 Pro.

I've had it for about 3 months with no problems until tonight when it blue screened. After it restarted it came up with the option of run startup repair or start windows normally. If I select start windows normally it gets to the starting windows logo and stops, never goes any further. If I select the startup recovery it goes to a black screen and never goes any further.

If I boot from the windows dvd and I select repair your computer, it goes to a light blue screen with a mouse pointer which moves with the mouse but never goes any further, just stops on that screen. I tried to reinstall windows but it goes to starting setup then stops.

If I try to boot from another hard disk with the ssd connected, it gets as far as starting windows logo then stops. Tried that on two computers, does the same on both. I have hot plugged it now and windows loaded the drivers for it. It shows up in my computer but whereas there is information on the how much free space is on the hard disc there is nothing on the ssd.

I have installed Samsungs magician software but that just says “scanning for drive information. Please wait...”.

In disk manager it says “connecting to virtual disc service…” but never shows anything in there, not even the working hard drive information.

I’m guessing it must have failed but don’t get why windows is able to see it but not access it properly.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Soldato
Have you touched anything in the BIOS recently, set up RAID? Installed any Hard Disk management software? Downloading anything malicious?

But, if it doesn't work properly, it doesn't work.

Get a warranty claim set up.

Back
Top Bottom