*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Farming on my Barb is so painful. Even with all my defensive stats I still spend half my time kiting. I think atfer the update it will be much more viable for me to farm act 1 as i can just faceroll my way through. Atm I'm farming the spiderlady and azmodan and each rare pack takes so much concentration.

Soldato
If good loot dropped a lot then there would be to many of them, and then the good loot wouldn't be worth any money because the AH would be over saturated with them. Blizzard made it like this so they can make money off the real money AH, and yes it is a **** design, but how would the real money AH work if it wasn't like this?

The thing is though the good loot dropping is way too low. If they wanted to make it some great gambling game they have to give the perception that your winning some of the time. With Diabo 2 you got set and legendary items more often, even if those items werent that great. Set items compel you to play more to complete that set.

If I was going to make this a gambling game I'd have all kinds of rules to keep players playing. Make it drop low level set items and decent items every so often at certain frequencies depending on how long they've played. You dont reduce the drop rates so that they are forced to trade, you have lots of items so that people want to trade. Make the game compelling to play with whatever drop rate, then make loads of items so someone cant possibly get them all on their own.

I dont know, it seems like the AH is even at odds with the game. You play to gamble with item drops, and buy from the AH so that you can play to gamble with item drops?

I'm not sure whether to wait till the patch 1.03 comes out with the better drop rates(although they arent much better), or keep playing because the RMAH is probably going to ruin the game anyway.

Soldato
Can someone explain to me how important the resistances are in this game? I've got the passive skill that grants the highest resistance across the board and I've been concentrating on getting my physical resistance up so I'm on around 200 with my existing kit!

How high can you go and how effective is it in relation to my armour rating for example?

Thanks.....

Associate
Can someone explain to me how important the resistances are in this game? I've got the passive skill that grants the highest resistance across the board and I've been concentrating on getting my physical resistance up so I'm on around 200 with my existing kit!

How high can you go and how effective is it in relation to my armour rating for example?

Thanks.....

1 resist for every 10 armor is a decent rule of thumb, just try and keep the % reductions fairly even.

Soldato
1 resist for every 10 armor is a decent rule of thumb, just try and keep the % reductions fairly even.

Here is my L52 Monk at the moment then - what should I concentrate on to improve things?

80902621.jpg

I've been concentrating on increasing my physical resistance (which in turn is increasing all of my resistances) but not sure how much is "enough"?

I seem to get owned when I come up against those 3 beasties with the glowing blue chains! (Hell act 1)

Last edited:
Associate
This is so annoying trying to find something to spend 500k on for Inferno when i haven't got an idea of whats properly good or not (Wizard).

I just seen a ~860 2-handed sword with 150+ to all of the primary skills and 22% IAS for 160k. I didn't buy it though because it was one of the first things i looked at.

Associate
The thing is though the good loot dropping is way too low. If they wanted to make it some great gambling game they have to give the perception that your winning some of the time. With Diabo 2 you got set and legendary items more often, even if those items werent that great. Set items compel you to play more to complete that set.

If I was going to make this a gambling game I'd have all kinds of rules to keep players playing. Make it drop low level set items and decent items every so often at certain frequencies depending on how long they've played. You dont reduce the drop rates so that they are forced to trade, you have lots of items so that people want to trade. Make the game compelling to play with whatever drop rate, then make loads of items so someone cant possibly get them all on their own.

I dont know, it seems like the AH is even at odds with the game. You play to gamble with item drops, and buy from the AH so that you can play to gamble with item drops?

I'm not sure whether to wait till the patch 1.03 comes out with the better drop rates(although they arent much better), or keep playing because the RMAH is probably going to ruin the game anyway.

i absolutely totally agree. the ah is not a good enough reason to keep playing.

Here is my L52 Monk at the moment then - what should I concentrate on to improve things?

<snip image>

I've been concentrating on increasing my physical resistance (which in turn is increasing all of my resistances) but not sure how much is "enough"?

I seem to get owned when I come up against those 3 beasties with the glowing blue chains! (Hell act 1)

mate you are way better geared than me and I'm around the same stage, you shouldn't be having too many problems? unhelpful mob types can own the best geared so don't worry too much (desecrator/jailor/meteor etc). those chain guys are a pain, try and separate them - i find the roundhouse kick skill (can't remember the name) that knocks them back miles saves me. but you need room to fight and kite.

Soldato
mate you are way better geared than me and I'm around the same stage, you shouldn't be having too many problems? unhelpful mob types can own the best geared so don't worry too much (desecrator/jailor/meteor etc). those chain guys are a pain, try and separate them - i find the roundhouse kick skill (can't remember the name) that knocks them back miles saves me. but you need room to fight and kite.

I'm not struggling too much I guess, just wanted to understand what helps give you "survivability" as at first I was dual-wielding but found myself dying extremely quickly in some instances!

Switched to a shield and it seems to have helped a bit!

Soldato

8k health eeek :D need a lot more to be honest :D

Associate
I'm currently up to Belial in Act 2 Inferno. As a casual gamer who has had a few days off to play, I really don't think i'll be able to progress much more until the balancing patch.

I don't think i've had a single drop that I have actually used since I hit level 60. I've also had no legendaries or set gear drop at all. Most drops are junk and most Act 1 items that look reasonable hardly sell even if priced low....locking up the AH for 2 days, which makes it hard to generate any more gold from selling.

Everything i'm using to progress has been bought from the AH, and there is absolutely no way that you can gear up for Act 2 Inferno without using the AH. Whether this is Blizz wanting us to use the RMAH I don't know, but as it stands i've just not got the time to farm millions of gold to buy much.....

Its a really good fun game, but the gearing design is flawed, and some of those elite packs are a complete joke and unkillable. Thats really poor game design as you should at least be able to kill the packs by adapting your tactics.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mortar can get ****** aswell. Seriously who is in charge of mob design? They need firing out of a ******* cannon!

Yeah I hate mortar, can't believe they are buffing it so that it fires at longer range too in 1.0.3 :/ I find some mobs can already cover the whole screen.

Soldato
o dont think to sacrifice anything ;) Hmm try and get vit bonus on all your items , you could remove 2 dex gems and have vit instead ... o try the mystic ally with earth ally rune if you havent already

Replace dex with vit - so you mean sacrifice some DPS! :p

I guess my question is, if my HP is too low, which of my stats is high enough to take a hit on?

Associate
Am i a fool?

I just saw a 3 socketed chest armour with 50 resist all and 79 int for 47k but didn't buy it 'cause i'm still trying to work out what's good or not.

I stopped being so tight and managed to fork out for one item though. 30k for these boots. A semi-decent deal or not?
249 armour
56 str
76 int
34 vit
42 resist all
11% movement speed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom