• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I'm worried, are these temps too high?

Associate
So I built a new gaming PC a few weeks ago, haven't really been able to test my PC up until now. I downloaded the Unreal Tournament Alpha, after 10-20minutes of playing I get these temps.

Is this normal?

CPU cooler - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-cpu-cooler-hs-035-cm.html

Associate
If those are the temps while you are in game (i.e. under a load) then those are fine.

Your SSD and Hard Drive temps look a little on the high side but I guess that might just be case to case.

Associate
What happens when my SSD and HD gets high?

Nothing at those temps.

The slightly higher hdd temperature may indicate that your case temperature is higher than it might be but if your system is stable then I wouldn't be concerned.

All looks OK to me.

You may get a better overclock with lower temperatures but you would have to test it.

Associate
OP
Nothing at those temps.

The slightly higher hdd temperature may indicate that your case temperature is higher than it might be but if your system is stable then I wouldn't be concerned.

All looks OK to me.

You may get a better overclock with lower temperatures but you would have to test it.

You sure the CPU temp should be that high? I thought it should always be low, when gaming? Really worried.

Associate
how is your fan setup? If it is a stock setup which means only 1x140mm at the front and 1x120mm at the rear then you could add another 140mm at the front. I would reduce the temp by a couple of degrees.

Associate
OP
how is your fan setup? If it is a stock setup which means only 1x140mm at the front and 1x120mm at the rear then you could add another 140mm at the front. I would reduce the temp by a couple of degrees.

Sorry, I don't know how to explain it so I did a picture lol.

Red - Case Fans
Green - CPU Cooler Fan

0664c3af662f18a6da8776c9c7029b41.png

Associate
I wouldn't rely solely on Speccy to read your temps. They may me correct but its always worth using another program to confirm them - I've used OpenHardwareMonitor for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom