• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6950X delidded!!

Soldato
Roman aka Der8auer, the guy who makes LN2 pots and the delid tool has managed to take the lid off the new 10 core beast! In german but you get the gist and i believe he may be doing an english version.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Roman did a great job with this tool. Shamino been deliding these CPU for a while now.

Who's for changing the resistors to improve IMC ? Shamino did that too.

Great product dropped temps 10-11c when I tested on Haswell E. For sure not pointless. Again a comment based on zero testing from a forum member.

Soldato
Roman did a great job with this tool. Shamino been deliding these CPU for a while now.

Who's for changing the resistors to improve IMC ? Shamino did that too.

Great product dropped temps 10-11c when I tested on Haswell E. For sure not pointless. Again a comment based on zero testing from a forum member.

Really. You are saying this will drop the temps 10c. Can I have my money back when it doesn't?

Soldato
OP
Yeah its impressive, although my buttocks would be clenching if i gave it a go :eek: although the 5 i have done with a razor all lived.
Will be interesting to see the results with the sandered IHS. Have you tried yourself Ian and benched on LN2??

OcUK Staff
It dropped temp 10c in testing yes when replacing indium with liquid metal. We tried at computex with Haswell E and Broadwell E.

Just ambient testing for me. I rarely bench Ln2 these days.

Maybe for the next 8Pack product I will.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks for editing the op Nick, ill have a watch when back on the pc. Windows phone doesn't allow you to watch embedded videos.

Tbh too, I didn't think this was possible on soldered chips. Nice temp drop too.

Soldato
It dropped temp 10c in testing yes when replacing indium with liquid metal. We tried at computex with Haswell E and Broadwell E.

Just ambient testing for me. I rarely bench Ln2 these days.

Maybe for the next 8Pack product I will.

So you seen a 10c drop with Haswell and broadwell?

Last edited:
Caporegime
So you seen a 10c drop with Haswell and broadwell?
Broadwell and haswell E, delidding was always reserved for mainstream chips such as Ivybridge and haswell on the 115* sockets. Pasted ihs as opposed to solder on 2011.

Another HOF pack? Had one of your 970's for a bit of gaming, nice card but nothing more than an air oc :( missing my icey sessions but theres just no point anymore,

No probs Rob, hope your ok bud?
Doing well thanks Nick.

Soldato
I'm very surprised OcUK puts it's name to removing the IHS of soldered chips.

looks like OcUK have new Intel product line in de lided Broardwell-E chips. Although seeing as one chip is soldered with very high thermal conductivity TIM and the others not it begs a few questions.

Soldato
OP
I'm very surprised OcUK puts it's name to removing the IHS of soldered chips.

There not, if the extreme version of the tool becomes available it will be at the buyers risk to use it, not ocuk's or caseking. They also sell fluids which you can put in your pc full of electrical components, who'd of thought it, water and electrics!

Soldato
OcUK just promised a 10c drop or my money back. I personally think it's pointless and risky to remove the IHS on a mechanically fixed CPU but OcUK say other wise. TBH I'm not buying a 10c drop in ambient testing either. But obviously I'm some kind of idiot.

Soldato
OcUK just promised a 10c drop or my money back. I personally think it's pointless and risky to remove the IHS on a mechanically fixed CPU but OcUK say other wise. TBH I'm not buying a 10c drop in ambient testing either. But obviously I'm some kind of idiot.

Show us on the cpu where your feelings were hurt.

Back
Top Bottom