Help understanding CrystalDisk score.

Soldato
I've just had my PC hang on the Motherboard splash screen twice now, before rebooting normally. This has never happened before now.

Downloaded CrystalDisk and my SSD is 100% (thank god, that's my OS Drive.)

But the other 1TB and 2TB I have no clue what the values mean, if any one can help, and if it's severe.

Blue/Green sides respectively.

1TB is mainly for mods/older games
2TB is mainly Steam games.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi digitalx.

First backup you important data, just to be on the safe side.
The SMART data looks completely normal and does not show any issues whatsoever with any of the two drives. However sometimes SMART data might not be the most accurate way to diagnose a problem and more in-depth tests are needed. I'd recommend that you download DLG (Data Lifeguard) and run both Quick and Extended tests on both drives, to see if anything alarming pops-up. Here's how to test them: How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.

Other than that, you could try those drives one by one (by disconnecting one of them from the motherboard and leaving the other one connected) in order to try and isolate the problem. Give them a go with different SATA ports and cables (both data and power), or even better - with a different computer, to see if the issue reoccurs.

Oh, and one very important thing, please remove the S/Ns from the screenshots for security reasons (if the drives are still under warranty).

Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Soldato
OP
Removed the serials, didn't see them until you pointed it out! Thanks.

So far from this morning and several reboots, it has been normal. I'll run the tests, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom