Finally joined the ssd club

Soldato
After all the back and fourth I decided enough is enough and just blooming buy one, so I did, it's a used item from a 2nd hand shop, I fitted in to an old dual core Inspiron 1501 I purchased Saturday, as I'm away for 2 weeks and it's what's with me, Windows 7 didn't take long nor did some apps, bare in mind this laptop came with 768mb ram and still has it lol.

Cost £32, but I had a few 360 games I was getting rid of and trade value was £30 so technically only paid 2 quid, but it should be just ideal for my computer when I get back, 8.1 should fly on if.

Might not be the best model, but i was keen and they had to me crappier brands with same or more storage for more money.

Soldato
OP
Ha yeah it is about time.

Ideal, mean my computer was quick before all the crap on it lol, so Windows only ssd should be super quick as you state and I would benefit from a 1tb storage drive

Associate
SSD's are so good to be honest, I had that exact SSD but it died on me :( thankfully i had another SSD i could use but once you start using it you'll never want anything other than a SSD :D

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Don't forget to backup. :p

I bought my first SSD, a Crucial M225 128GB in 2009, for £220. It failed 2 & 1/2 years later. :o

Soldato
OP
768MB?

I wouldn't anything over Windows XP with less than 2GB as an absolute minimum.

lol it came with it and I sold my spare 2gb kit weeks ago before I decided to sell my 1545 model, just finding where and having the time to get better ram.

As crappy as this laptop is I read it takes up to 8gb with bios update so I'm intrigued.

Overall this ssd is okay, 32bit win 7 installed pretty quickly as did some programs, but doesn't feel as quick as it should still which is likely from lack of ram and a chipset that either has 16mb or 64mb vram(monitor properties state 16 but gpuz states 64), but I'm sure when I i put it in my computer like intended I should see the full benefits.

Soldato
First SSD!? Pfft! I'm currently looking at a 6 year old OCZ Vertex 50gb drive that I've just taken out of my mum's PC. Windows 7 has finally reached bloated its way to capacity. :D

Damn reliable drive though, especially as it hails from the 'wild west' period of SSD's. It will be a shame to get rid of it.

Anyway, welcome to the club. SSD's are where it's at, mate. I've said it for years.

Back
Top Bottom