Hard Drive Testing

Associate
Hello all

Does anybody know if there is any free software to verify/test hard drives. I want to check some new drives for bad sectors. I know there shouldn't be any on a brand new drive but for work purposes, every new drive needs to be tested.

Thanks

Adam

Associate
Hello all

Does anybody know if there is any free software to verify/test hard drives. I want to check some new drives for bad sectors. I know there shouldn't be any on a brand new drive but for work purposes, every new drive needs to be tested.

Thanks

Adam

A few points, if its for work docs should be saved on a backed up server, also the time wasted checking a new drive that still may fail isn't worth it, ie testing drive 2hrs, replace failed hdd and image 1hr, 1 hour per drive wasted.

Associate
OP
A few points, if its for work docs should be saved on a backed up server, also the time wasted checking a new drive that still may fail isn't worth it, ie testing drive 2hrs, replace failed hdd and image 1hr, 1 hour per drive wasted.

Appreciate that but as part of the process for the work we do, hard drive testing is a process we have to carry out before using the drives

Don

You don't sit there watching the whole thing..

Set and forget..

Associate
Hello all

Thanks

Adam

If it's Western Digital they have a proper testing software on their website

Back
Top Bottom