Crucial M4 128gb - worth upgrade?

Soldato
It's been 4 years since my last major upgrade, gone through a couple of GPU's in that time but that's the height of it.

Thinking of moving onwards and upwards in the next couple of months - mobo, cpu and RAM.
Anyone have any opinions on whether it's worth upgrading the SSD? It is working flawlessly and capacity isn't an issue as it's for windows and applications only - I have a 1tb Hybrid for games etc.

Would I notice any improvement in buying a new SSD as the boot drive or have SSD's got to the point of the Law of Diminishing returns now? It is SATA III and 6gb/s which is what most of the current budget SSD's seem to be anyway. As I say it's been 4 years since I've even looked into them so I'm a bit out of the loop.

**EDIT**

Just seeing that the mobo I plan to get supports 32gb/s M.2, maybe this would be the ideal upgrade path?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You wouldn't notice a difference unless there was a problem with it. I would ensure it has the latest firmware and run a benchmark (post it here) to check its running as expected :)

Associate
My M4 128gb started to die about 6mths ago. It is about 3yrs old maybe.

I've chucked it in something as a cache drive.

Deffo worth replacing it now, it's only a matter of time.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom