can i tax someone elses car for them?

Soldato
odd question maybe - girlfriend has got a car

Can i tax someone elses car for them?

I have the mot certificate, new owner supplement in her name, her insurance certificate for the car- can I tax it for her in person at a post office?

Soldato
Yes you can.

HOWEVER if you get a "snot nosed cow who thinks she heard something that she hasnt heard anything remotely like at all relating to the person on the forms being the one who has to purchase the road tax" working behind the counter the answer will be no.

Just like my missus could not get the brain dead bint to sell her tax for BOO last year.

Associate
also just do it online only takes like 2 minutes and its dead easy!

Don't do this if you want to drive the car straightaway and don't have tax, it is an offence to drive without a tax disc, even if it is in the post.

If you do this you need to wait until you actually recieve the disc.

Caporegime
Don't do this if you want to drive the car straightaway and don't have tax, it is an offence to drive without a tax disc, even if it is in the post.

But your chances of actually getting noticed and pulled by a Traffic Cop (excluding Sods Law) are virtually Nil - The car will come up on the Police Computer as Taxed once the disc has been issued regardless of if its on the car or not.

Associate
But your chances of actually getting noticed and pulled by a Traffic Cop (excluding Sods Law) are virtually Nil - The car will come up on the Police Computer as Taxed once the disc has been issued regardless of if its on the car or not.

very true, but personally I wouldn't take the risk, but I do know that a copper lives down my street :p

Associate

Lol when i bought the honda it had no tax and I got pulled over by the M5 undercover car for not indicating off a roundabout. He saw I had no tax and I said no, I just bought it, I have all the forms bar insurance here including the cash for a years tax. I was told it was ok as long as I put a note in the window saying awaiting documents and that I paid for tax that started at the begining of the current month. Now he could have been talking out of his rear end but at the end of the day I was sent happily on my way. Got his badge number just in case i got pulled again and I was going to say PC # 0001 said it was ok!

Back
Top Bottom