Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
OP
the above is correct: whilst we haven't formally agreed to an 'exclusivity' deal with OCUK, we are forwarding all UK requests to OCUK. We are accepting orders from International customers only at this point.

Associate
Received The 30" this afternoon. Arrived damaged

p1010035r.jpg

In all my long years of using PC's I've never had to return anything. Do I just ring up Overclockers about this?

Edit: Bah, trying to get the image to show

Soldato
:(

That's really pretty bad, Bazza... I would ring overclockers ASAP (good luck with the customer support line - seems to have a 30min ish average queue time)

Was the box itself damaged? This should indicate whether it was damaged prior to packing or by the courier.

Associate
:(

That's really pretty bad, Bazza... I would ring overclockers ASAP (good luck with the customer support line - seems to have a 30min ish average queue time)

Was the box itself damaged? This should indicate whether it was damaged prior to packing or by the courier.

yep, box was damaged and the polystyrene inside was as well. Box was well wrapped so didn't notice 'til it was unwrapped. Not to self: When you spend this much, have a look before you sign anything from the courier.

Associate
I would take pictures of the box anyway. And for next time, you don't actually have to check the package, just sign for it as "unchecked".

Have enough pics to start a gallery :D

Anyway, rang up OC and it'll be picked up tomorrow. I guess it'll be taken away and looked at then I'll get a replacement. These things happen and as long as I've got a 30" Hazro for Santa time I'll be happy.

OcUK Staff
yep, box was damaged and the polystyrene inside was as well. Box was well wrapped so didn't notice 'til it was unwrapped. Not to self: When you spend this much, have a look before you sign anything from the courier.

Hi there

Gonna get our customer service to call you and get this collected it, I have one left in stock here completely un-marked and will ship this one in its place when we get yours back. :)

Associate
OP
Received The 30" this afternoon. Arrived damaged

For metal to end up 'crumpled' as it is means it must have taken a very serious bash. Users who've purchased one would have seen how well encapsulated the monitor is in its polystyrene end caps [which are lined with softer stratocell]. A simple fall wouldn't have caused that damage: its clear its been dropped from a considerable height or something very heavy [a pallet perhaps] has collapsed on the monitor.

Permabanned
Gibbo.

Do your delivery companies have to pay £800 for that damage?

Is that kind of insurance expensive??

Also it's made from alu! That must have been some hieght it dropped from!

Soldato
Also it's made from alu! That must have been some hieght it dropped from!

I can't imagine that a fall of any kind is responsible for the damage... Any fall high enough to damage the metal in that way (through the polystyrene packaging), would have caused massive damage to the rest of the screen at the same time (rapid deceleration and all that).

A crushing is the only realistic explanation... A pallet falling on it, like hazro suggests, seems most likely.

Anyway, glad to see OcUK are sorting this out for you. I hope that the courier will ultimately be footing the bill, since it's clearly their fault!

Associate
OP
So does this mean I will be able to buy one directly from Hazro even if I am based in the uk? I really do want the led/glossy version tbh.

The LED/glossy version will not be ready [despite our efforts] this year. All graphics cards with DP outputs are fine but some converters/cables aren't 'responding' the way they should - We may have to launch that model and market it as 'soley for use with graphics cards with DP outputs'. More to follow

You can buy the HZ30Wi-Q and the 27s from our website direct [whether your based in the UK or not]. Its ONLY the HZ30Wi we're forwarding customers to the OCUK site.

Soldato
The LED/glossy version will not be ready [despite our efforts] this year. All graphics cards with DP outputs are fine but some converters/cables aren't 'responding' the way they should - We may have to launch that model and market it as 'soley for use with graphics cards with DP outputs'. More to follow

You can buy the HZ30Wi-Q and the 27s from our website direct [whether your based in the UK or not]. Its ONLY the HZ30Wi we're forwarding customers to the OCUK site.

Ok that's good to know. Guess I will have to be a little more patient unless I get a change of heart and decide to go with the non-glossy which is not the end of the world tbh. I just want a new monitor. Since having my 27" iMac my 24" pc monitor just seems too small now!

Associate
Will the HZ27Wb have the usb ports on the back like the 30"?

"Will they use the same housing as the 30" model (oc, at a smaller size)?"

Mr Hazro (from the Hazro thread over at hardocp forum on 24 Oct):

"Yes, similar style and design to the existing 30" with the metal enclosure manufactured and assembled in the UK. No USB either on the 27" - just received word of that on Friday."

Back
Top Bottom