The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Soldato
Welcome back :D

The old thread had become a mess, what with 4 million dead links, and 2 million mah00sive pics. So it has been archived for all eternity here. It holds the record for the most views of a thread - 220,395 at the time of archiving :eek:

So then, new thread, same theme, but with a slight rule change. From now on any pics posted directly to the thread must be thumb-nailed preferably, but 800x600 max (before vB auto resize!). In the old thread, you could have a dozen dual desktop pics posted on the same page, and it would take an age to load.

So then people, as you were :)

Soldato

Mine again!

Dual(I made this yesterday for the other thread so I'm not wasting my few minutes worth of effort :p):

Wallpaper:OS X Abstract
VS:Hmmmm XP
Avedesk with SkyDrive icons
Miranda with IEView,Clist_nice and tweak_ui plugins

Last edited:
Soldato
as my desktop is so plain, i resized to 800x600 before taking the screenshot. :) saves resizing it afterwards.... i normally run at 1280x960

desktop180405.png

dom, that's a horrid bug with this theme& ultramon i'm assuming... i couldn't use it like that all the time...

Soldato
marc2003 said:
dom, that's a horrid bug with this theme& ultramon i'm assuming... i couldn't use it like that all the time...

Aye I've been meaning to look into it,see if there is a work around or I could just get rid of the buttons in Ultramon but I use them quite a bit

Caporegime
Desktop, full size = 1024x78:

Laptop, full size = 1600x1200:

(latter photo is not my own incidentally)

If you feel the urge to enquire about any of it, just email me (in trust).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
7 posts in, and already someone has posted an oversize image :rolleyes:

Perhaps its my fault for not making it obvious:

Posted images are to be no larger than 800x600

Thank you :)

Soldato
I think there should also be a rule that says
"It would be nice if you could say what programs you are using and links if possible."

I know what your using but people will keep asking "hey kool bar thinging, whats it called and where can I get it".
Also I cant find Yz Dock. lol

Soldato
Tob3z said:
I think there should also be a rule that says
"It would be nice if you could say what programs you are using and links if possible."

I know what your using but people will keep asking "hey kool bar thinging, whats it called and where can I get it".
Also I cant find Yz Dock. lol

Try here

It's Y'Z Dock :p

I will add links and majiggys to mine in a minute

Associate
desk.png

My own bg image! what blurred file names :rolleyes:

EDIT: just found a SS from about 6months ago, looks like i had some nice themes going then!

desktop.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Múffin said:
Does it not thumbnail for you ?

EG:

[/QUOTE]

After downloading the image, yes. The point of posting the smaller images, as said, is to reduce the amount of pages that take 4 years to load due to oversized (size on disk) images, and then go nuts when they're all resized together.

Its not much to ask.

Soldato

The size rule is a good idea Otacon as the old thread got to state where it crawled on my 1Mbit connection! Although I do surf these forums using 80PPP (posts per page) ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom