=5	Williams-BMW		47
6	Red Bull Racing		22
7	Sauber-Petronas		12
8	Jordan-Toyota		11
9	Minardi-Cosworth	7

Man of Honour
OP
So...

Why have I created this thread so early?

Because Max Mosely and cronies have called the Indy 7 and Michelin in front of the World Motorsports Council tomorrow...

The 7 teams, Michelin and Paul Stoddart are meating today - probably to get story straight and to show a consolidated front. If they do that - punishment will be hard to dish out. They will have to treat everyone fairly.

On a semi related note - Toyota have pulled out of all open wheel racing series in America fromthe end of 2006. Going to be concentrateing on GPWC maybe?

Will do updates with whatever news I get whenever. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Can I just ask why Stoddart will be there? He was not one of the teams who did not take part in the US so why should he be there?

Associate
Type_R said:
Can I just ask why Stoddart will be there? He was not one of the teams who did not take part in the US so why should he be there?

He wanted to pull his team out despite the fact that they run Bridgestones. The reason he didnt was due to Jordan who is the nearest rival and he didnt want to loose points to them.

Man of Honour
OP
It also appears that he is the voice of the GPWC teams...

Good choice actually - since when has anyone been able to shut an Aussie up. :D We tried with Kylie and Jason...they still got no1 albums. :confused: *although..I admit that Kylie has got very fit in the last few years. ;)*

He wanted to withdraw his cars but was afraid of repurcussions. If the Jordans had broken down/crashed then he would have withdrawn the Minardi's. He just couldn't afford to while they were running.

I actually like Stoddy...He's a F1 fan..he bought a F1 team after running in the TGP/Boss championships. *successfully I might add..* I don't think it's quite how he imagined...

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
pdw8 said:
He wanted to pull his team out despite the fact that they run Bridgestones. The reason he didnt was due to Jordan who is the nearest rival and he didnt want to loose points to them.

I like Stoddart, he seems down to earth (as far as I can see on the TV and reading and listening to his interviews) Lets hope common sense prevails

Soldato
F1 seriously needs to go back to slicks and have a reduction in aero grip. There were some new rules mentioned the week before the non event in the usa that mentioned these changes. Its nothing to do with the tracks its the rules that balls up real racing in F1

Man of Honour
OP
Oh no - the tracks are crap as well...A reduction in aero grip and an increase in mechanical will only help so far..

The new Herman Tilke tracks are showcasing his ability to design a circuit - yes - well they ain't good for racing on!

The neutered Hockenheim is terrible for overtaking, as is Sepang - I'm just hoping that Turkey is better

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
ashtray_head said:
Did anyone see the story anout the Ferrari tyre heaters?
Are they Illegal or what?....Bet they dont get a ban if there are illegal
Here

The FIA sporting/technical bods have deemed them legal - They do seem to be stretching the term 'Tyre Blankets' to/past the limit though.

It's an oven - who cares if it's got the same guts in it as a tyre blanket does...it's not a blanket.

McLaren tried these and were told they were not in the spirit of the rules last year....

Hmmm...

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Flibster said:
Oh no - the tracks are crap as well...A reduction in aero grip and an increase in mechanical will only help so far..

The new Herman Tilke tracks are showcasing his ability to design a circuit - yes - well they ain't good for racing on!

The neutered Hockenheim is terrible for overtaking, as is Sepang - I'm just hoping that Turkey is better

Simon/~Flibster

Opps I meant the PROPER tracks...the old ones... I agree with you on the New tracks. They are good for the spectator viewing (trackside not TV) but terrible for racing.
I do think the Bahrain circuit is the best of the new ones

Soldato
Flibster said:
The FIA sporting/technical bods have deemed them legal - They do seem to be stretching the term 'Tyre Blankets' to/past the limit though.

It's an oven - who cares if it's got the same guts in it as a tyre blanket does...it's not a blanket.

McLaren tried these and were told they were not in the spirit of the rules last year....

Hmmm...

Simon/~Flibster

bah!
Typical FIA and Ferrari bull

so that means all the other teams can use them as well

Back
Top Bottom