*OcUK Silverstone Supercar500 Camping Meet*

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OcUK Silverstone Supercar500 Camping Meet

supershowdowncar.jpg

Hello All

Right, thought it was time to organize another camping meet since the last one was such a good laugh. Its going to be basically a copy of the last meet * But a bit warmer *, here’s the plan

Dates: 5th - 6th – 7th May 2006

Event Information:

For sportscar fans this year’s Silverstone Supercar Showdown promises to be a major attraction. Topping the bill is Britain’s only round of the fabulous FIA GT Championship – a flourishing series which sees many of the world’s most exotic marques competing for glory. Last year Aston Martin made a triumphant return to the race track, scoring a superb one-two finish at Silverstone to claim the Royal Automobile Club’s famous Tourist Trophy. However with strong squads from Corvette, Ferrari, Maserati and Porsche on the grid, Aston will need to be at its brilliant best for a repeat performance in 2006.

Adding to the superlative entertainment on offer, a dazzling selection of sportscar championships has been lined up on the top quality supporting bill. Most exciting, perhaps, are the opening two rounds of the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo – one of the world’s ultimate one-make championships, which this year sees the introduction of Maranello’s latest Ferrari F430 Challenge race car.

http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/html/race_super_showdown.php

Camping Location:

P1010638.jpg

P1010639.jpg

Motorsport location:

Silverstone Circuit
Northamptonshire
NN12 8TN

Equipment List:

- Sleeping arrangements – Either bring your own tent or organize kipping in someone else’s
- Disposable Barbeques
- Sleeping Bag
- Pillow
- Food for your barbeque for Friday night, Saturday / Sunday Morning ( Sausages and Bacon anyone )
- Lots and LOTS of Beer ( Essential )
- Lots of spare clothing just incase it starts to rain, trust me everything gets covered when you’re camping in the mud.
- And anything else you think you might need

Funding:

Weekend Ticket: £22.50

£20 Per TENT

Definite attendees:

Chris – Tesla - ORDERED TICKET
Ian – 355 - ORDERED TICKET
Sam + Vicky - ORDERED TICKETS
Mike - L0rdmike - ORDERED TICKET
Mark – Firestar_3x - ORDERED TICKET
El - paradigm - ORDERED TICKET
Brian - Mr Gubby - ORDERED TICKET
Phil - kaiowas - ORDERED TICKET
Vix - Vix - ORDERED TICKET
Dave - Sams Friend - ORDERED TICKET
Tinkerbell - Jaime - ORDERED TICKET
AcidHell2 - Neil - ORDERED TICKET
Splitz + Emma - ORDERED TICKET
Scarfacé - ORDERED TICKET
thebrasso - ORDERED TICKET
Siliconslave - Sam - ORDERED TICKET
Goliath - ORDERED TICKET
Greg + Becca - ORDERED TICKET
NightSt@lk3r - ORDERED TICKET

Maybes:

Joe T - Joe
nicRob - Rob
TW FOX
thedazman67
coco
Malachy
GT3 - Paul
Ripz - Ben
NickXX
Malt_Vinegar
Ci_Newman
Quiggle

Friday 5th May: I will be getting to the camp site for around 2 like last year but people are obviously welcome to turn up when ever they please. Some people have work on the Friday so will have to get home, get showered and then travel. So in essence there’s no “real” start time as long as you get there sometime Friday night. We will then BBQ some food, get some music playing and get those beers flowing.

Saturday 6th May: Wake up get some sausages/bacon (or what ever takes your fancy) on the BBQ then head to Silverstone which is about a 5 minute drive. Last time we all piled in 2 cars (Thanks Chris and Brian) Im sure we will have a few new volunteers this time. Watch the day’s motorsport then head back to the campsite for a sit down, maybe a shower and a beer. Then I propose we head to the pub we visited last time. It was a small pub in the Silverstone which was bursting at the seams. Full of people from the British F3/GT Championships so a great atmosphere. The food was good and they served drinks way into the night. Back to the campsite to sleep off the beer / food and to get ready for another day of action packed motorsport.

Sunday 7th May: Wake up, get some sausages/bacon (or what ever takes your fancy) on the BBQ then head to Silverstone for the rest of the days racing. Now packing up wise you have a choice, you can either pack all your gear up the Sunday morning then drive over to Silverstone parking in there car park and then leaving straight after the event OR you can simply head back to the camping site after the motorsport to get everything packed away. We all seemed to pack up before we left for the racing on Sunday last time. I think the main reason for this was because it was getting dark early and no one fancied packing there crap away in the pitch black (remember it was mid October).

So as you can see it should be a pretty laid back weekend, be nice to see a few more of the hardcore OcUK motors members turning up this time yes some of us may be young but there’s no need to be scared of us promise we don’t bite do we now Brian ;)

If you fancy coming wack your name down and ill add you to the list. Thought I would post it up nice and early so everyone has plenty of notice so they can book time of work / sort it out with familys etc.

Sam

Last edited:

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
For people who were thinking of coming last year but didn’t here are a few pictures

DSC00793_small.jpg

Crowded around the fire on Saturday night

DSC00834_small.jpg

Brian protecting his tent

DSC00836_small.jpg

A picture of some of the cars

DSC00820_small.jpg

The John Cooper Works Minis

DSC00821_small.JPG

The GT Cars

Please excuse my photography skills, it was a poor camera honest guv ….

Soldato
Its good to see everyone from last year is comming :D We are in for another good year!

Don't take my word for it though, put your name down and you will be sure to have a great time.

My pictures from last year are here

Last edited:
Soldato
Well what can I say. :D

Cant wait for this, be good to see you lot again, was such a great laugh last time.

Just hope that idiot who tells us its bed time at 11 doesnt show up. :p

This time, I wont be turning up in the rust bucket. ;)

Soldato
Removed: Naked pic of Sam

The effects of girl drinks on Sam... He literally just collapsed onto the BBQ. Good job it was put out about an hour before!

I will be there although May 7th is my Birthday so you'll all have to buy me lots of presents.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, round the track... Like when I took the wrong turning on the way there ;)

Mondeo round Silverstone... I could have done it but would have probably got beaten up by some marshalls. Instead I decided to have some fun in the empty carpark, hehe.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Lmfao ! 16 bottles of smirnoff ice and loads of vodka jelly later :\ Hate that picture :p

I wont be bringing that crap again this year, Heiniken Export *** :)

Sam

Back
Top Bottom