Do a favor for your forum.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Howdy chaps. I'm writing a new setup guide for the OcUK Folding@Home team (Team 10). We don't have a whole lot of team imagery or logos or anything like that. Though I consider myself a master of MS Paint, Photoshop and The GIMP elude me. If someone would be so kind, would you please make us a team logo to stick at the top of the guide.

The current guide is stickied to the TOSAH forum. The new one that's in development is here. I'm really open for suggestions. I'd like something that tells who we are and hints at the nature of the project.

If you're wondering, the project studies protien dynamics at the molecular searcing for reasons why certain diseases start and spread.

There are many images available for inspiration and ideas. All the images on the project's web pages are available. There are also other teams that have web pages loaded with images. The first one that comes to mind in that area is Team Mac OSX

More ideas:
http://www.stanford.edu/~alexrson/sweetProteins/

Can you help us out? For size, think around 640 pixels wide and bannerlike in shape. I'd love to see something that captures both the flavor of the project and the OcUK community.

Last edited:
Soldato
ill have a go tonight :)

first one and im doing another one atm
banner19jc.jpg

and the other one, the idea was good but the result is abit meh i think
banner27hb.jpg

and a re-arranged one
banner35gy.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
OP
I dunno. Do you think 640 pixels is wide enough to look good? I bumped my resolution down to 1024 and it still looks a bit too squished. I don't really have an eye for that sort of thing though. What sort of color scheme would mesh nicely with the forum? I'd like if it had someithng of an oficial air about it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
OP
Thank you sah. I've attached it to the guide for now. If you decide that you want to make another I'd be glad to swap it out for a newer version. How about a quick "Team 10 Folding@Home" ot "Folding@Home" to go beneath the giant spiffy OcUK image?

Maybe switching from transparent background to the blue of the forum would help clean up the edges a bit. I dunno, just an idea Does anybody here have IE installed? How does the .png look in that? (I'm on Mandrake ATM)

Last edited:
Associate
Okies. I've cleaned up the outside and inside edges.

OcUKBigv2.png

But I'm having trouble getting the background to be the forum blue, it always come out darker. If i remember rightly, the folding sigs had that problem, wasn't it something to do with the fact that it is a png.

Associate
Head over to the Distributed Computing forum. There you'll find he existing How To, and if you have any trouble, just post what you can't figure out and someone will help you. Its all pretty simple tho so you should'nt have any problems.

Man of Honour
Whitestar said:
Head over to the Distributed Computing forum. There you'll find he existing How To, and if you have any trouble, just post what you can't figure out and someone will help you. Its all pretty simple tho so you should'nt have any problems.

yipee I think i'm in...i'll just reboot my machine :)

Soldato
Whitestar said:
Cheers for that Mattus. I shall be letting M$ know that they still havn't got png's working properly lol.

Actually, something I missed earlier... the logo you posted in post 10 displays fine in IE7, but the one in post 12 with the text added only works in FF.

Used to be that transparent PNGs wouldn't work in IE... now the transparent one works, but the non-transparent one doesn't :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom