A new iPod on the horizon?

Associate
OP
I know search exists and I very well knew a "true video iPod" was touted for April by various sourced. I knew there wasn't a topic about the pic so I made one. Maybe a new topic wasn't the right choice.

Soldato
ok i have just thought of a big design flaw, if ** gonna watch movies on it, your gonna hold it right, if theres about 5mm of non touch screen ecah side how do you hold it without
a) blocking the picture
b)activating some kind of touch screen function

Soldato
Eliot said:
ok i have just thought of a big design flaw, if ** gonna watch movies on it, your gonna hold it right, if theres about 5mm of non touch screen ecah side how do you hold it without
a) blocking the picture
b)activating some kind of touch screen function

You eh hold it from the edges. Its not like its a piece of paper. It is gonna be quite thick. 15mm atleast. So put your hands on the corners or somethin.

Soldato
asim said:
You eh hold it from the edges. Its not like its a piece of paper. It is gonna be quite thick. 15mm atleast. So put your hands on the corners or somethin.
Yeah, you should be able to hold it from the sides and rest the unit on the insides of your hands.

The first photo, despite all the conspiracy theories, looks pretty real to me. The metallic strip around the edges would be quite hard to photoshop, and although people keep talking about the colours on the screen, you have to remember that it's a pre-production model being photographed. It may even be a malfunctioning pre-production model that was discarded for that exact reason!

Either way, I don't think there'll be much of a market for a player aimed directly at those looking to use it purely for video. The idea of a portable video player has always defeated me a bit; great if you're in a car on a long journey, but use it anywhere public and you're asking to get it nicked :o

Back
Top Bottom