• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

****San Diego 3700+ Steppings and Clocks- Retail and OEM****

Associate
Okay - I have my San Diego 3700+ CCBWE 0542VPMW OEM from OcUK, which I cannot yet run due to having an outdated bios on my motherboard.

I thought I'd do a search on google to see what these chips can do and came up with 1 match on this stepping, which was on the DFi site in a thread with 80+ pages. I didn't bother to read it....

What are the results of people on here with this chip from OcUK. Anything decent, interesting or frustrating with this chip?

I want all the info so i'm well prepared of my very own OC Day.

Also if any of you have the recent retail box versions, please post your information here, steppings and clocks as I want to see how the 2 compare....

Last edited:
Soldato
KAB2E - currently 2.7ghz - 245 x 11fsb @ stock volts.

Just fitted a Freezer Pro 64 so going for some more clocking this week.

Soldato
It should be the retail stepping..

My KAB2E was a retail,

But unfortunately it wont do 2.8Ghz on stock volts like so many people have :(

Mine is currently sitting at 2860 Mhz with 1.550 Volts running throught it, With the Arctic 64 Freezer Pro ontop it gets to about 46oc Full load

Thats what i call game stable lol..

Ive had it like that for Weeks now, and counter strike source hasnt crashed once :D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Soul Rider said:
Good luck and keep us updated on the results. Is KAB2E the retail stepping?

yeah - retail about 6 weeks ago - Fitted the new cooler last night - holy cow it massive!!! Didn't expect it to be so big!!! (oh er :p )

Had a quick play increasing the fsb to 250 but failed to post (probably due to ram running on 1:1 at present)

Will get some more time to have a play, and advise accordingly.

Soldato
Soul Rider said:
Okay - I have my San Diego 3700+ CCBWE 0542VPMW OEM from OcUK, which I cannot yet run due to having an outdated bios on my motherboard.
I have excactly the same chip, these are my clocks and voltages:
2400Mhz - Stock 1.350V
2500Mhz - 1.375V
2600Mhz - 1.425V
2750Mhz - 1.500V
2850Mhz - >1.625V

All speeds are Prime95 stable (except the 2850Mhz that failed after 5 minutes on 1.625V), I had to run my Ballistix 1:1, any other setting leads to boot issues, but luckily my Ballistix runs at 260Mhz 2.5-2-2-10-1T

Associate
OP
Fantastic results Dutch Guy.

I'm looking to get to 2.7 on mine, but looking at your voltages I may struggle as the Voltage on my m/b Asrock Dual sata only hits about 1.45-1.49. May have to do the volt mod to get 1.55 out of it.

Thanks for that.

Anyone else clocking these babies?

Soldato
Soul Rider said:
I have my San Diego 3700+ CCBWE 0542VPMW OEM from OcUK
ccbwe0ve.jpg

I had two of these and compared to the Opteron 146 I was running at the time they left a lot to be desired. The best one could *just* managed 20 hours dual-prime at 2.75GHz @1.55vCore (1.575vCore actual).

From what I read the KAB2E or the newer KAB3E seem to yeild a better overclock and using lower vCore too. I think these are to be found in the retail packs. . .

Soldato
Big.Wayne said:
I had two of these and compared to the Opteron 146 I was running at the time they left a lot to be desired. The best one could *just* managed 20 hours dual-prime at 2.75GHz @1.55vCore (1.575vCore actual).

From what I read the KAB2E or the newer KAB3E seem to yeild a better overclock and using lower vCore too. I think these are to be found in the retail packs. . .
Yes, KAB2E = Retail, CCBWE = OEM

But why Dual-prime :confused:

Soldato
I personally can't understand why people use prime 95..

Some people say that their cpu is prime stable, but not game stable, so why bother using it.

My cpu isnt prime stable, but the pc hasnt crashed once during gaming or general windows usage..

At the end of the day, stable is what you consider stable to be..

Thats my thought on it anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom