Help setting up Aego M's

Soldato
Hello all,

My Aego M's arrived today - very impressed. The build quality is amazing (so small yet so heavy).

Ive got them set up and im already blown away with the sound. However, I aint got a clue if I set them up right. There were about 2 cables left over, that right?

At the moment im adjusting the volume by the windows volume control, should I be using the speakers control?

Any other advice on getting the best sound out of these will be very much appriciated :)

Thanks

Deleted member 33407

D

Deleted member 33407

Hi Ice Rich

I've just received these speakers yesterday and I don't know if I have set them up properly :p At the moment there isn't a lot of bass coming out of the sub. The manual isn't very good is it?? Any one out there who can give us a hand??? Thanks Guys.

ray

ray

Associate
swleung said:
Hi Ice Rich

I've just received these speakers yesterday and I don't know if I have set them up properly :p At the moment there isn't a lot of bass coming out of the sub. The manual isn't very good is it?? Any one out there who can give us a hand??? Thanks Guys.

Hi there,

Have you tried moving to a higher bass level using the small switch at the back of the subwoofer. It is set to level 1 by default but this can be increased to level 2 or 3.

Ray.

Associate
got mine today .im in the same boat as u guys where do all the wires go . and by the looks of it you can add a third speaker

Soldato
You don't need to use all of the cables. I'm guessing most people will use the one with the mini-jack on one end and the red and white RCA connectors on the other to go between the soundcard and the back of the sub.

Forget about the "center" input and "center" speaker output.
Make sure you've got the bare speaker wires inserted in to the terminals the right way around.
Put the centre slider on the back of the sub to No and the bass slider to 2 (my preference). :)
Make sure your media player isn't using an equalizer setting tweaked for your old speakers.

I'd have the windows volume maxed out at all times and use the the dial on the top of the sub to alter volume. You might as well be feeding it with a full strength signal. :)

Deleted member 33407

D

Deleted member 33407

Thanks for the replys!! I think I have connected it as Wush as suggested. Only thing is the bass seems to be only coming out of the speakers and not
the sub. There is some sound coming out of the sub, but it seems very low.
I also have the bass set to '2'. I'm connecting the speakers to a onboard
nvidia sound card, when I do the speaker setup test I'm only getting sound out of the left and right channels, nothing is coming out of the sub. Is this
correct?? Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replys

swleung> the manual made me more confused :)

Got these setup now - sound is awsome.

Would it be worth upgrading the standerd cables, would I notice anything different?

Thanks

Soldato
Nah. You don't want to go down that road. Next thing you know, you'll have a £250 crystal sitting on top of the sub to improve the room's psycho-acoustic-placebo-aura-resonance :D

swleung - I'd double check that everything (including control panel > sound > advanced speaker) is set to use a standard one output stereo speaker setup rather than any kind of surround setup. Sounds like the soundcard may be feeding the sub signal over a seperate jack that you haven't got anything plugged in to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom