Desktop PC Case

Associate
Afternoon All

I think im going to end up building myself a new linux machine, i have the some spare parts laying around, but not much room to put anything! I thought about building a nice small Desktop cased PC.

Did a bit of searching and there are so many, some cheap and some no so cheap!

Can anyone recommend me a case, thats got good room for the Desktop case, must be able to handle a P4P800 ATX and P2 2.6, 1 or 2 HDD would be great, with space for Card Reader and CDRW...

If i can keep the cost to around £50, that would be great, but depending on the case i can go over that.

Soldato
Well instantly the whole Silverstone Lascala series pops to mind, but a bit pricey.

You can get a Coolermaster ATCS 620 for that sort of money, it is where I would spend my dosh, but its m-ATX not ATX.

I will have a hunt around for something in budget for you later on :)

Soldato
It is half your budget again, but the Coolermaster Cavalier 4 is a good one to get.

The problem is desktop cases of today are m-ATX as the market for full size computers is in the tower style, so ATX desktops are quite rare.

Coolermaster Cavalier 4 for about £75 is about the best I can think of from the top of my head, but I am probably forgetting the obvious one.

Associate
OP
Like the look of that one, just reading a couple of reviews!

Edit:

Found a review or two, and some PICS. Looks nice, seems there is plenty of space for what i need, also the PSU is mounted at the side of the Mobo, so good air flow and room over the top....

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It seems its a Propiatry PSU thats in it, slightly different than the normal ATX, that could be the only sticking point. Does look nice, its only a 300w PSu, i dont think that would be a problem, but ive always liked 400 or above...

It wont have anything flash it it, nor will it be running nasa... i guess it would cope.

Soldato
The PSU's in the older Coolermaster HTPC cases at least were quite good on what they could power, you should not have to much trouble :)

There will always be a compromise to be made with a desktop PC in this day and age.

(I have always wanted a excuse to say day and age on the forums :D)

Soldato
No worries, if you get the case post back on the opinions and maybe some pics in the cases gallery, not many desktop machines at all in there :)

Soldato
scott.holmes said:
Afternoon All

I think im going to end up building myself a new linux machine, i have the some spare parts laying around, but not much room to put anything! I thought about building a nice small Desktop cased PC.

Did a bit of searching and there are so many, some cheap and some no so cheap!

Can anyone recommend me a case, thats got good room for the Desktop case, must be able to handle a P4P800 ATX and P2 2.6, 1 or 2 HDD would be great, with space for Card Reader and CDRW...

If i can keep the cost to around £50, that would be great, but depending on the case i can go over that.

The Thermaltake Tenor will take a normal PSU, ATX or mATX motherboard and a few drives, with ATX I found the insides to be a bit cramped and the airflow is neglibable, CPU was running at 55 degrees (39 in a normal mid-tower).

Associate
OP
I didnt get enough, it only went for £50.....

Still wanting to get this case, but for now ive just bought a cheaper case for this one. Ive got another one to build next month, so im going to try and flog something else so i can get another £30

Am going to try and get it, thats' for sure!!

Back
Top Bottom