• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help!!! CPU @ 75 degrees!

Associate
Hey all
been having problems with my comp over the last few months. The cpu is running at around 75 degrees so even when it does the simplest of tasks of running limewire it shuts off instantly.
Its a 3.2 ghz lg775 pentium 4 and has the cpu fan that came in the box.
the rest of my specs are an x800, audigy 2zs, DFI Lanparty board, a raptor 36gb and a maxtor stoage 200gb hard drive. I also have 2 fans in the case which came with the case whih you cnnot adjust the speed of as they connect to a standard 4 pin used for cd/dvd drives.
thanks for any help

Chris

Soldato
Chris01 said:
Hey all
been having problems with my comp over the last few months. The cpu is running at around 75 degrees so even when it does the simplest of tasks of running limewire it shuts off instantly.
Its a 3.2 ghz lg775 pentium 4 and has the cpu fan that came in the box.
the rest of my specs are an x800, audigy 2zs, DFI Lanparty board, a raptor 36gb and a maxtor stoage 200gb hard drive. I also have 2 fans in the case which came with the case whih you cnnot adjust the speed of as they connect to a standard 4 pin used for cd/dvd drives.
thanks for any help

Chris

Have you taken the side off to see if the cpu fan is turning?
If so you may need to remove and reseat the cooler with some new thermal material

Associate
OP
sgoaty said:
Have you taken the side off to see if the cpu fan is turning?
If so you may need to remove and reseat the cooler with some new thermal material

cheers mate, il give it a go 2morrow, if i can find my artic silver.... lol
co the fans spinnig at full speed so i presume it must be this right?

Associate
Chris01 said:
cheers mate, il give it a go 2morrow, if i can find my artic silver.... lol
co the fans spinnig at full speed so i presume it must be this right?

Never presume anything....

That could be the issue, or maybe the temp sensor is faulty and misreading the temps...

There could be a number of different reasons, it's best t go through them 1 at a time until you eliminate the problem.

Associate
OP
mmm well guys, i took the heatsink off to check that there s still some arctic silver on there ad there is.
But now i cant even get ny computer to load up, it hangs on the dfi-lanparty screen so i cant get into the bios or oad .
its truely borked :( i reckon the cpu otheris borked.
i dunno what ive done!

edit: according to the lights on the motherboard the manual says it is ''testing all memory (cleared all extended memory to 0) what does that mean lol?
thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom