Oblivion Tweak Thread (No Spoilers)

Suspended
Yet another Oblivion thread - however I feel its worth while as we have that uber thread (which lets face it people are not gonna wade through if they not been following already) and lots of little threads.

I get the feeling the Powers that Be (PTB if you will) might have to do a temporary sub-forum like back in the HL2 days.

On to the tweaks!

--------------------------------

I am hoping in this thread we can collate all the various tweaks people have found from around the net. Mainly performance and graphical tweaks whether they are to make it run faster on lower spec machines or to increase the graphics on high spec machines.

Please post your tweaks below and I will update the opening post.

--------------------------------

nVidia Specific Performance Tweak:

First make sure you are using the 84.25 drivers from nvidia with specific Oblivion optimisations:

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_84.25.html

Next install Coolbits:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

In the new option that appears called "Addtional Direct3D Settings" change the "Max frames to render ahead" to 0 (default is 3).

(Source for this tweak goes to justice7 of the official Elderscrolls forum)

Last edited:
Soldato
Any1 know how to put the graphics up even higher than the highest you can select in game ? by tweaking the ini file or something ?, Iv got everything MAXED apart from the shadows option as it causes stripey shadows on me horse.

looks great but looking off into the distance you can see horrible tile sets and basic graphics as the draw distance doesnt go that far

Currently getting well high fps outdoors and everthing so I know I can put the graphics higher :(

I found something in the ini about reflecting more stuff in water, looks good, but dare not tweak more as not an expert, any ideas any1?

Soldato
Keep an eye out for the Tweakguides Oblivion guide as they are usually full of good tips and tweaks.
Oblivion Update
27 March 2006

The game that's on everyone's lips at the moment is taking up a lot of my time right now as I am about halfway through writing the Oblivion Tweak Guide. Things are going to be very busy for me this week, so I'll do my best to get the guide out soon, but please be patient. For the moment, I have just posted the full list of Oblivion Console Commands, which you might be interested in seeing. You can also download it in a text file here.

Back
Top Bottom