Waverley Lodge Watercooling

Associate
t_aitchs Install:

Its been over a year since i ripped out my dangerden kit from my old 201, and a lot has changed in the year.

I now have a Lian Li V2000b, and this is a huge amount of room to water loop in, and it would be rude not to really.

The first thing that i wanted to think about was mounting the Rad, i really wanted to go for a dual heatercore, as everyone was raving about them and they looked so brutal.

I looked at various ways of mounting it, and i opted to mount it at the top:

radfans.JPG

Ill probably start another thread in the Case Central thread to show how i modded this, but it was a pretty standard drill/jigsaw/noise/pain/bloody procedure.

Those are two Noiseblockers at the top both taking in air and blowing onto the rad.

Now onto the system.

Rad: Dual Heatercore
Res: Repack Bay Res
Pump: Eheim 1250
CPU: Alphacore XP Bold
GPU: AquaExtreme GPU Blocl + Zalman Ramsinks
Tubing: Clearflex 60
Additives: Zerex + UV Red (But really pink :()

Leak1.JPG

Leak2.JPG

Associate
OP
I leak tested the system overnight, and had a few standard problems with the fitting on the eheim pump, but after a load more PFTE tape and a wrench i was sorted and their were no leaks.

Now for the install.

Orginially i mounted the heatercore the other way around, and this fitted with my old 7800gt, but at the same time i was upgrading my gfx card to an x1800xt, this was about an inch longer, which meant i had to mount the rad the other way around, meaning that a lot of drive bays were rendered useless, so i had to use the bottom ones.

Flow Procedure:

Pump --> CPU --> GPU --> Rad --> Res --> Pump

Now for the pics

casetop.JPG

casebottom.JPG

radtorestopump.JPG

Last edited:
Associate
OP
casefront.JPG

gpu.JPG

cpu.JPG

Thanks goes out to a few users on these forums who helped me out a lot through this, including Welshtom and Manifest.

Overall, im more than happy with this install, i get temps of 27C idle on my CPU, 34C under Load. Not sure about the GPU though.

However ASUS probe reports that im getting 49C on my motherboard most of the time, and thats not overclocked.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

Associate
OP
Manifest's Install:

Been changing my system so much recently and messing with different clocks but ive finally settled for a bit. Thought id document my current setup as it stands as a resident of Waverley Lodge.

Hardware
  • Lian Li PC7 + Custom built radbox
  • Hiper Type R 580w
  • K8N-E Deluxe HTT @ 230
  • 3700 Clawhammer (754) @ 2760mhz Max Load 45C
  • Giel value 2 x 512 @ 184 (166 devided)
  • Sapphire x800xl @ 456/504 Max Load 41C
  • Soundblaster live 5.1

Watercooling
  • Ehiem 1250
  • Clearflex Tubing
  • Blackice Extreme Radiator
  • Maze 4 CPU Block
  • Maze 4 GPU Block
  • DD Fill Port

Picture time :)

front.JPG
pcfront_multi640.jpg

radboxfront.JPG

Associate
OP
radboxside640.jpg

Ok those last two pics really show that the radbox is really ghetto, it has been cleaned since that landscape shot but the box has seen better days. Been takin it to uni for three years now and its taken some battering but it still cools my system so well.

sideleft.JPG

Think im gonna scrap the radbox at the end of this year and get hold of one of those prometia or vapo bases without the actually compressor just so i put my watercooling in it and make it look a whole lot better.

I wanna thank a whole bunch of people on these forums, for give me for not remember names, for there help over the last few years and i would never have got as far with my overclocking and watercooling if it wasnt for these forums. Big thanks to t_aight cause all that watercooling gear, apart from the cpu block, used to be in his system but he got so sick of it givin him jip in his small case he just gave it all to me..... which was nice!

Thanks again and hope u like the setups, ask any questions if u have them.

Associate
OP
It is actually quite cool inside my case.

The thing that worries me a little is the Zalman NB cooler is REALLY hot, could this be why?

Associate
OP
The rear fan is an exhaust and the top fans are intakes onto the rad.

I was thinking about re-arranging the fans and having the rear fan taking air in, and then the top fans taking air out of the case, or even having one rad fan taking in and one rad fan taking out.

Would that make the difference?

Associate
OP
Yeah im happy with the CPU temps, but the mb temps seem a bit harsh.

I was actually thinking about adding a nb block into the loop to take away the problem, how much do you think this would affect the temps of the GPU and CPU?

Permabanned
ooo i got a mention :). looking good mate!

The pipe from the heatcore into the thing above the cd drive looks a little kinked, maybe a few cable ties on the bend to shape up the tube?

I'd have both the rad fans sucking out. and stick a 120mm somewhere in the middle of the case to blow air over the NB and gfx card :)

Tom

Associate
OP
Yeah im trying to think about where to mount it though.

I could get one of those powercolour rotational heatbuster things, and wack it in just under my sound card.

That should do the trick but i dont really want to add any more noise to the case.

Anyone know how quiet these are?

Associate
Rad fans both sucking air outta the case, you could turn round the 120millie near ** cpu, just do it and see what happens. I dunno if its about putting one of those coolers in ** pc, it'll make it look loose.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom