dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

Caporegime
Been reading on some forums this mobo was meant to be released during the first week of april (mid march acording to some places) and still its not out for sale anywhere yet. Is it due soon or release still not known? Gibbo?

OcUK Staff
Gerard said:
Been reading on some forums this mobo was meant to be released during the first week of april (mid march acording to some places) and still its not out for sale anywhere yet. Is it due soon or release still not known? Gibbo?

Spoke to DFI last week and they do have stock so they should start shipping within the next week or so.....
DFI are a bit slow in the UK due to poor distribution channels, something DFI really need to look into....

Caporegime
OP
Gibbo said:
Spoke to DFI last week and they do have stock so they should start shipping within the next week or so.....
DFI are a bit slow in the UK due to poor distribution channels, something DFI really need to look into....

Hmm, im sorta in 2 minds wether to get a sn25p shuttle system or build up another full size tower, the crossfire option is kinda swaying me towards a full size system. Depends on when stock of the dfi's are in i suppose. :)

OcUK Staff
breadturbo said:
i know this is a little off

but ive got an Abit rd580 crossfire board on its way as we speak

let u all know how she goes :D

We've got the Abit ones arriving Wednesday/Thursday this week. :)

Also were expecting the DFI one end of this week too. :)

Associate
Gibbo said:
We've got the Abit ones arriving Wednesday/Thursday this week. :)

Also were expecting the DFI one end of this week too. :)

Are you going to be open on BankHoliday Monday , coz if you are i will be picking up a dfi one :D

Caporegime
OP
Explicit said:
Yup, they look very good!!! Finally don't have to rely on that Asus junk.

Here's the link for the lazy buggers :D
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html

Bit pricier than i was expecting, i was thinking around £130-£135 or so. Might still give one a go though.

EDIT

Ummmm hold on wtf, it was £152 a minute ago now its upto £176. Not a chance at that price.

Last edited:
Associate
Gerard said:
Bit pricier than i was expecting, i was thinking around £130-£135 or so. Might still give one a go though.

EDIT

Ummmm hold on wtf, it was £152 a minute ago now its upto £176. Not a chance at that price.

Yeah i saw the £152 aswell , bit expensive for me at £176 :(

Caporegime
OP
andyr said:
Yeah i saw the £152 aswell , bit expensive for me at £176 :(

Wonder why the sudden "hike" in price. If this has to do with some supply and demand bs im gonnna be more than slightly peeved. Sticking 24 quid onto a board thats on preorder is a joke, even at its £152 price point it was more expensive than most of the sli boards, now another £24 for fun or something? :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
There's always a premium to be paid when you want something at launch. I'm very tempted, but will sit and wait for a while, to check if the board is worth buying.

Associate
Gerard said:

lol now that's what you call profits. I could have sworn it was £152 this morning. I suppose they jacked the price up after a swarm of pre-orders.

Edit:

The Abit RD580 is up aswell:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/ABIT_Socket_939.html

£140 inc vat at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
Hopefully we'll see some trusted customer reviews (as well as potential problems if any) for both boards next week......................

Though with Conroe about 5 months away, I don't know if I can justify replacing my A8R32......................

Caporegime
OP
Whats with the insane amount of dots? :confused:

Anyway, pretty cheesy the way the price suddenly got jacked up near 25 quid, it seems to be a "premium" that was slapped on when they saw the demand for the motherboard. Screw it think i'll go the shuttle route, assuming the sn25p doesn't conveniently hop up 25 quid in an hour or two. :o

Back
Top Bottom