OCUK forum avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm just curious who they are (and if they were important people) or were they just 'discovered' :confused:

Are they part of some sort of 'gang' for example as the avatar text of thug, gangster and hitman have been used along with the avatars.

I have been wondering this for a long time now, sad I know! :o

Associate
OP
panthro said:
come on man.....you must know AT LEAST ONE of them!!
No unfortunately as I don't watch many gangster films in fact I watch very little TV ;)

LeperousDust said:
They're all from famous gangster films :)
Cheers, now I know! :)

So I assume someone in 'authority' likes gangster films then :D

I wonder who!

Soldato
There's Paulie (Joe Pesci) from Goodfellas as Hitman, Tony Soprano from The Sopranos as Wise Guy, that other guy from Goodfellas whose character name I can't remember (Billy?) as Gangster, Tony Montana (Al Pacino) from Scarface as Don, Robert de Niro in some film or other as Underboss, Spie has Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) from the Godfather, and I can't remember what the Commissarios and Men of Honour have but I remember one of then is John Gotti.

Edit: the Commissario is John Gotti. He was a real-life actual Mafia don, hence the controversy.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Comissario avatar is John Gotti - A criminal who killed his fair share of people over the years no doubt.

EDIT: damn your ninja-editing skills robmiller!

Associate
OP
DRZ said:
IIRC, Spie is of Italian ancestry somewhere along the line. Goes a long way to explaining it ;)
Oh right!

So Italy is known for it's gangsters then?
Of course the Mafia springs to mind (I think they were from Italy).

p.s. I'm not saying that Spie is a gangster!

Soldato
robmiller said:
There's Paulie (Joe Pesci) from Goodfellas as Hitman, Tony Soprano from The Sopranos as Wise Guy, that other guy from Goodfellas whose character name I can't remember (Billy?) as Gangster, Tony Montana (Al Pacino) from Scarface as Don, Robert de Niro in some film or other as Underboss, Spie has Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) from the Godfather, and I can't remember what the Commissarios and Men of Honour have but I remember one of then is John Gotti.

Edit: the Commissario is John Gotti. He was a real-life actual Mafia don, hence the controversy.

The gangster avatar from Goodfellas is Billy Batts. :)

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
CurlyWhirly said:
Oh right!

So Italy is known for it's gangsters then?
Of course the Mafia springs to mind (I think they were from Italy).

p.s. I'm not saying that Spie is a gangster!

I think Spie actually IS a gangster. :p

I have heard tales of him shooting at cars with loaded umbrellas in the past :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom