Firefox playing up for anyone else?

Associate
Since the last update, my firefox has started playing up when I try to use text boxes. Instead of typing text in a text box in google for example, it starts to search for that text on the page. I have to keep opening and closing it several times before it finally gives in!

I thought maybe a key on my keyboard was stuck down, but I haven't noticed a problem in any other program.

Anyone else having this problem?

Caporegime
Seen it before, but a) I'm not running the release versions (nightly builds), and b) it's an on/off thing.

There's a mini-update on it's way.

Associate
Simmy said:
Since the last update, my firefox has started playing up when I try to use text boxes. Instead of typing text in a text box in google for example, it starts to search for that text on the page. I have to keep opening and closing it several times before it finally gives in!

I thought maybe a key on my keyboard was stuck down, but I haven't noticed a problem in any other program.

Anyone else having this problem?
I'v had that a few times today, annoying when you're trying to pay for something. Don't know why it's started happening though, i went out of the page and back and it worked.

Permabanned
I have noticed since the last update, that FF intermittently freezes, also the other day everytime I pressed the / button it brought up the little find box down in the bottom left :S

Associate
Me and a mate have EXACTLY this problem!.. Ever since the update, every time I try and press the ' apostrophe key it starts the 'find' feature and then starts searching for whatever I type on the page.

It would seem it is only the apostrophe key so far that causes problems, but it is VERY annoying, as I use it quite a lot.. and trying to avoid it is awkward.

I'm still curious as to whether its Firefox though, if some people are fine?!..

;)

Soldato
I had a little different problem couple of days ago.

When browsing the OcUK site, say I clicked on Intel mobo's it sent me back to the Home page. Same thing happened to me on certain things like X1900 series card etc. Seems of not done it today.

I think it was a problem with the OcUK site. Other sites links were working fine. could have been a bug between FF and OcUK maybe? Who knows. Fingers crossed that it will not be doing it again.

Soldato
Since the newest update of Firefox it has been extremely unstable....
Crashes within 5 minutes usually, sometimes it comes up with the "report to microsoft" box and other times it just disapears.
Its crashed once during writing this post (thanks copy+paste for saving that)

Any ideas?
Really don't want to have to use ie.... and I'm not too keen on Opera either

Soldato
Isnt the new IE suppose to be good. Even warns you of dodgy URL's and such?

Got used to FF now though. Apart from my earlier problem, got nothing else thats gone wrong. Working good upto now for me.

Soldato
GuruJockStrap said:
Argh! I'm having the same problem! Press the ' key and its coming up with the search bar.

Seems to be ok now but its highly annoying.

Exactly the same here, hopefully the mini-update Tolien mentioned will sort this out!

Soldato
Just installed Opera Beta 2 and I must say its pretty good!

After further browsing with Opera, I've now decided to remove Firefox as my primary browser.

Rendering speed appears the same, displays all my visited websites fine and comes with some really useful features. Doesn't appear as RAM hungry like Firefox too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom