which is the best air cooler for socket 939 ?

Associate
I have an Fx57 that runs at about 50+ @ 2.9Ghz and about 60 @ 3Ghz but it overheats at that speed.

I was looking at the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, any good ?

cheers

Soldato
Unless you are using very high voltage I don't see why it should be overheating. I have seen people running opterons @ 3ghz with a freezer pro and having good temps.

Although the Tuniq tower is the best, followed by the scythe ninja then the TT big typhoon.

Edit: @ Stelly. The arctic 64 pro isnt the best, the best value yes but not the best performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
agreed with raikiri Tuniq Tower > Sythe Ninja > TT Big Typhoon > Freezer 64 Pro

I have had the freezer 64 pro got very good temps it's the best value for money, but upgraded to a TT Big Typhoon which offered a lot better cooling see sig for temps! Am thinking of getting that Tuniq Tower

Soldato
another vote for the freezer pro, sure you maybe able to get a degreee or 2 cooler with other more expensive coolers but for the money the freezer pro is great.

my opty 146 idles around 30deg and stays under 40 on load, and thats at 2.9gig

Soldato
Mr Spoon said:
I have an Fx57 that runs at about 50+ @ 2.9Ghz and about 60 @ 3Ghz but it overheats at that speed.

I was looking at the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, any good ?

cheers

Thermaltake SI120 + a decent 120mm fan.

Soldato
harris1986 said:
agreed with raikiri Tuniq Tower > Sythe Ninja > TT Big Typhoon > Freezer 64 Pro

jus quick question, i also lookin to upgrade from my stock cooler on 3800 x2, i no the arctic freezer is silent jus wondering if the others are silent too.

also is the Tuniq Tower sold on OCUK?? did a search am it not found

thx!

joker
xx

Associate
I am also wondering if no one has tried the Zalman 9500? I've read some reviews and it appears to be fairly good for what it does o.O

Anyone on the forums own one of those babies?

Soldato
i use zalman 9500, it keeps my CPU lovely and cool at 2.6Ghz, im shocked nobody has mentioned zalman before, since i have never used these strange monstrocities your all on about, the 9500 is engineering perfection and it does what its meant to every single time without any difficulty

Soldato
Gashman said:
i use zalman 9500, it keeps my CPU lovely and cool at 2.6Ghz, im shocked nobody has mentioned zalman before, since i have never used these strange monstrocities your all on about, the 9500 is engineering perfection and it does what its meant to every single time without any difficulty

What temps exactley?

Because if it doesnt beat a freezer pro for twice the price I wouldnt call it engineering perfection.

Soldato
the zalman looks nice, but its not superb at cooling, the best is the tuniq tower, then the tt bt then the freezer 64 pro

the ninja isnt that good and is a PITFA to install.

Back
Top Bottom