Second dying Xbox in 7 days

Associate
Seems im going to be visiting my local not so useful game store again tomorrow morning for a second replacement xbox in 7 days, the first one started random crashing on the new fifa and also PGR 3 and was replaced last tuesday(2nd).

Now tonight ive settled down for a few games of PGR for the first time since swapping my console(i have played fifa and other games since) half a lap into the race this happened(see pics) , I restarted my console and tried again only getting half a lap in and the same started happening again.

Associate
Well tbh the 2nd picture looks rather cool, has all that new age cool vector art look to it ^^

But yeh, what are the odds you'd get 2 faulty xboxs in a row o.O?

Soldato
what about your other games, do they work still, just asking cos i had a graphic tearing oddidty on GRAW once which a reboot fixed and never happened again, can you not try another PGR3 disc

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Y'know, I don't know 'why' or 'how', but I'm convinced these crashes are PGR3 related.

I know that's almost impossible to believe, but most 'new' people buying the console seem to be having problems, maybe because they've purchased PGR3 to test it. The early consoles crashed, maybe because there weren't many games out then and most people had PGR3.

Don't know, weird I know, but it's just strange.

Associate
OP
VIRII said:
Have you hoovered it and did you remember to sacrifice a pigeon to the altar of Gates?
:D

O this gets better it seems my only gripe is to be with my home town game shop, having just got off the phone to Nigel the deputy manager who informed me I need to take my copy of the game in so they can test it. Maybe he’s forgetting I just informed him the game worked fine for 30+hrs on my old Xbox and when I informed him of this again he says well it could be a HD cable problem (when all the other games work fine).

I have already told him ill bring the pics of it doing it id like to say there fake but why the hell would anyone want to package up there Xbox twice in a week is beyond me, basically i've taken his name and intend to complain about his service/manner. Apparently its a process they have to do when accepting returned Xbox’s to check if there faulty, obviously this guy is a technician as well as being a useless git.

This is all compounded by the fact I ring stoke game as soon as I get off the phone and 20 seconds explaining to him what’s wrong with it, im blessed with a reply "no probs mate bring it in will swap it you"

/end rant

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
starting to think with MB's dying and this one too, maybe this is a bad batch coming out of one of the new plants they where going to open. tough luck mate :(

Mine was fine for every other game but PGR3 REALLY pushed it, it was getting very very hot. I don't think for a moment its the games fault but it may push the console harder than any other game around at the moment and bring out errors.

The error is definatly hardware related though, the chap at Gamestation said that he had heard of over heating issues particularly with machines which were used horizontally :/

I have a promise to replace should the issue reoccur, the shop assistant agreed that the unit should be able to take a certain amount of ambient heat as they have to work in the States during summer, so a moderately warm room in the UK should not be an issue.

MB

Soldato
tbh i dont think PGR3 looks THAT graphically demanding, i mean if that is whats causing them to fail (and it does seem they all dont like PGR3) then god help us later on! hope they dont bring out gears or something after my warrenty runs out.
I mean when forza 2 comes that will have the heat from the GPU and also the amount of physics calculations that will be doing for 'sim-u-lation' (if they using that again) and running the 3 cores, hyper threaded, then it doesnt bode well, lets not forget most people say its CPU is not getting the cores used, imagine the sucker when running technically 6 processors :eek:

Who knows what it is, dare i say it, maybe its just a bad design.
Althoguh i had mines vertically, next to a radiator and my PC screen and played for hours ok, now its on a shelf on my TV stand, it has air, but i am sorry i am only going to provide reasonable airflow, not exesive unless they state in the manual etc exatly how much space it and the power supply need to operate, and i think its unacceptable people get on about it needing THAT much ventalation, i mean i could have fit in the space MB had his in, yet it still done the same

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom