When can I expect the K800i to be available?

Soldato
OP
Spawn said:
Probably not till end of the year from what i have been reading, it is a nice phone...i might sell my w810i when it comes out.

Looks lovely doesn't it... perhaps it would be better to change my contract now and get a w810 which I can sell... would you reccommend the w810?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
haha, you 2 have the same plan as me. i'm hopefully going to get the K800i when it comes out - it looks really cool. i think O2 online are getting it in June (according to their website)

Soldato
Around a month ago the sony rep told me around summer (end of july), but you know what these things are like, probably will be pushed back till september lol. But SE arent as bad as nokia with release dates so maybe they mean it!

Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:
Looks lovely doesn't it... perhaps it would be better to change my contract now and get a w810 which I can sell... would you reccommend the w810?

Definitely, i adore mine. Only thing i didnt like about it was the fact that tmobile put their crappy software on it which ruins the phone but im getting de-branded and have heard it makes it much more faster. Hell the w810i is fast enough as it is but i would recommend it though if someone was seriously thinking of buying one.

I got mine free of charge when i changed over to tmobile though. All i know its around £300-ish for an unlocked simfree model.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Kappa said:
Around a month ago the sony rep told me around summer (end of july), but you know what these things are like, probably will be pushed back till september lol. But SE arent as bad as nokia with release dates so maybe they mean it!

Well i dont know about that, take for example the p990...was supposedly due out in april/may....now they are saying june/july but even then thats sort of up in the air.

EDIT: Heard on the grapevine that the p990 might be out end of this month...ie a few units might be knocking around but ill wait till its out on general release...im hoping for a june release.

Soldato
I'd say june/july.

I had a p990 months back but you could tell it was a development one because it hardly did anything, had a k800 for about 3 weeks and as far as I can see its the finished article.. A bit like a game going gold.. its just going to need packaging etc produced in bulk.

And its lovely.. runs rings round my w810, only problem is the memory cards because they M2 not memory stick duo so availability might be a problem.. this approval unit I have has no memory card at all.

Caporegime
Westyfield2 said:
There happens to be one currently available on that ever-popular auction site, although its probably nicked & Sony will be :mad: (or it could be another con)

Most likely a scam or its a prototype unit that isnt very stable and yes SE wouldnt be too impressed to hear about their prototypes being sold.
Same sort of thing was happening with a few of the n series phones namely the n80 and n91 and also the SE P990i as well.

Wouldnt touch it with a bargepole, id rather wait till the phone was on general release to the public...then you might get some good deals from that certain auction site.

Soldato
thats a bit like asking how badgers are better than the moon... totally different things so don't stand much comparison..

the k800 is a standard candy bar shape imaging device with a 3.2mp camera and basic music functionality whereas the w950 is a 4gb walkman phone with a touch screen and no camera and the m600 (whilst loosely the basis for the w950) is a blackberry equipped touch screen business phone again with no camera.

Lots of differences but I'd struggle to say which was "best" also I expect the w950 will cost a lot on release but the k800 will almost certainly be available at launch free or close to free depending on the tariff.

Dunno pricing on the m600, I really don't see it being a big consumer item unless people find a way to mod them into w950s

Soldato
matt100 said:
thats a bit like asking how badgers are better than the moon... totally different things so don't stand much comparison..

the k800 is a standard candy bar shape imaging device with a 3.2mp camera and basic music functionality whereas the w950 is a 4gb walkman phone with a touch screen and no camera and the m600 (whilst loosely the basis for the w950) is a blackberry equipped touch screen business phone again with no camera.

Lots of differences but I'd struggle to say which was "best" also I expect the w950 will cost a lot on release but the k800 will almost certainly be available at launch free or close to free depending on the tariff.

Dunno pricing on the m600, I really don't see it being a big consumer item unless people find a way to mod them into w950s

Ok, didnt realise its such a simple phone the way people have been going on. Do people realy use the camera on there phone, for more than a quick snap here and there? Dont have any love of a phone camera, so its a toos up between $GB flash drive (W950i) or wifi and a 2GB card (M600i). What will it be?

Soldato
not seen anything to suggest the m600 will have 2gb??

and yes, people do care a lot about camera phones and the fact the K800 is SEs first cybershot branded phone, first 3.2mp phone, first M2 socket phone and its 3G etc should mean its even bigger than the K750 which was huge.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
Should be able to get uptp 4GB cards for it, just said 2GB to stop arguments.

Incorect. There are phones out atm with larger than 3MP camreas.

I said it was se's first 3.2mp

and these all take socket m2 not memory stick duo which whilst projected to 4gb isn't even launched in this country yet and as such will cost megabucks in 2 or 4gb sizes.. the 4gb for the w950 is onboard flash not memory stick.

Associate
matt100 said:
not seen anything to suggest the m600 will have 2gb??

and yes, people do care a lot about camera phones and the fact the K800 is SEs first cybershot branded phone, first 3.2mp phone, first M2 socket phone and its 3G etc should mean its even bigger than the K750 which was huge.

It's not the first M2 socket phone though.

My sister has a Z530i and that has the M2 memory slot.

Soldato
matt100 said:
I said it was se's first 3.2mp

and these all take socket m2 not memory stick duo which whilst projected to 4gb isn't even launched in this country yet and as such will cost megabucks in 2 or 4gb sizes.. the 4gb for the w950 is onboard flash not memory stick.

ok, so its the first 3.2MP phone (mayb, i would have to check as I have little interst in cameras on phone) but there are phones with more than 3.2MP cameras. And as posted above your wrong again. From what I can tell is you know a lot about sony but very little (or at least less than you think) about mobile phones. You work for Sony dont you?

I for one would rarther a phone with wifi and a 4GB memory card then no wifi and a 4GB flash crive.

Back
Top Bottom