BF1942

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Hey

Just wondering if BF1942 still has a good mp base online, or have people moved to BF2? Didn't really get into BF2 but the original was a laugh, so wondering if I should get as I can get it pretty cheap?

Thanks

Raz

Associate
hi,
ive just installed bf myself.....it seems pretty damn quiet compared to bf2 :(
even the forgotten hope(fantastic mod)servers are more empty than what they used to be,however the ones that do get regular use are usually very good.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
OP
hmm...might still get it though. Graphics etc might be a bit outdated, but unless most players are tkers etc then it should be ok.

Soldato
Got it recently, the general play level is not as high as it once was, but still fun on the servers I have been onto.

Most of the 'kids' are on BF2 now.

Suspended
i though that something called 'desert combat' was suppose to be a really good mod. ive just got the WW2 collection, so bf1942, mohaa and secret weapons over normandy (rubbish)

Associate
aye, desert combat was awesome in its day..and some would say that it still is! imo bf2 is like a glorified d/combat in that its full of tanks/apcs etc. if yer on broadband it might be worth a download...nothing to lose really.

Associate
Hi i was part of a bf1942 clan for about 3 years then we moved on to BF2 - latley we have been going back and playing 1942 and i have to say im still really impressed with the game play ( although there are allot of TK'ers on there now ) if you find a good server its great fun

Soldato
muzzler said:
aye, desert combat was awesome in its day..and some would say that it still is! imo bf2 is like a glorified d/combat in that its full of tanks/apcs etc. if yer on broadband it might be worth a download...nothing to lose really.

The team behind Desert Combat were hired by EA to become a big part of the BF2 team. IIRC

Raz

Raz

Soldato
OP
Anyone tried the Galactic Conquest star wars mod? Looks good, but website doesn't appear to have been updated in a while. Any players here? oh and I'm downloading DC too :)

Soldato
Raz mate just buy BF2 you won't regret it. I haven't played any other BF titles but this game will just hook you. You should be able to find it cheaper than £27.99 if you look around. I got it for less than £20 new on the high street.

Associate
i was in a bf1942 clan for a while but when they moved on to bf2 i cudnt becasue i just thought it wasnt as good as bf 1942. still the best mp game imo but its just not got the same following anymore. the community on there was the best aswell

Raz

Raz

Soldato
OP
warren_1979 said:
Raz mate just buy BF2 you won't regret it. I haven't played any other BF titles but this game will just hook you. You should be able to find it cheaper than £27.99 if you look around. I got it for less than £20 new on the high street.

To be honest, I'm going with BF1942 as it's so cheap...but I'm waiting for a job to get back to me, and if I get it I may as well pick up BF2 aswell :p

Back
Top Bottom